Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended reloading book??

Recommended reloading book??

Guys,

Not having much of a clue about reloading, apart from reading some bits and bobs online etc, can anyone recommend a good guide type manual which will take me through the complete general process from start to finish to help me get an idea of whats envolved etc?

Had a quick look today and found various reloading manuals from the respective suppliers ie Hornady but wondered about "the ABC of reloading" book, is this one good enough for a complete beginner??

Cheers

Rb

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    Guys,

Not having much of a clue about reloading, apart from reading some bits and bobs online etc, can anyone recommend a good guide type manual which will take me through the complete general process from start to finish to help me get an idea of whats envolved etc?

Had a quick look today and found various reloading manuals from the respective suppliers ie Hornady but wondered about "the ABC of reloading" book, is this one good enough for a complete beginner??

Cheers

Rb

RCBS publish a reloading guide which if you contact them will send a copy at a nominal price I have the 4th edition one which cost $2 at the time it gives all the basic information on all stages of the process and is ideal for any beginer.
    Heres a link you may find informative
    http://www.rcbs.com/guide/stepbystep.aspx
    Regards
    Stu
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 24-11-2010 at 20:04.

ABC guide to reloading, A star rated in my eyes, from the beginner to the expert. Every thing you need is in there.

Thanks guys,

I'll get in touch with RCBS and get a copy of the ABC guide to Reloading too, just curious to the procedures and components/tooling used really but give it time I might try my hand at it

Cheers

Rb

Established Poster
    I second the ABC's of Reloading great book, also a good idea to have the loading guide put out by the bullet manufacturer of the bullets you are using and
    the powder manufacturers guides as well most are online
    Robert.
    pick it up from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/089...pf_rd_i=507846

ive only been reloading 6 months but found richard lee's modern reloading 2 packed full of info and good advice.. sb

I'll second the vote on the Lee. Packed with great knowledge. Get the 2nd Edition.~Muir

rigboot:- there are several ABC's of reloading manuals, I've got one that is very mediocre and won't recommend it, there is one that is very good but unfortunately I don't know the authors name, have found that hornady's and richard lee's to be the canines teste's.

Quote Originally Posted by callie View Post
    rigboot:- there are several ABC's of reloading manuals, I've got one that is very mediocre and won't recommend it, there is one that is very good but unfortunately I don't know the authors name, have found that hornady's and richard lee's to be the canines teste's.
    I noticed 3 Callie

1- Dean Grennel - 2nd Edition, revised 2005

2-Bill Chevalier - 8th Edition, revised 2008

3- C Rodney James - 9th Edition, revision date of 2011 pre order only via Amazon

I'll get a cheap copy of the 8th Edition and combine this with a Lee 2nd Ed/Speer/Hornady/RCBS type loading guide to start me off

Thanks

Rb

I have the Chevalier 8th edition and find it useful - I didn't buy it until I had been reloading for a few years and even so still read it from cover to cover and got info from it.

I also have the Lyman 48th edition reloading handbook and think it is worthwhile as well - it might make a useful first reloading manual before you settle on a bullet manufacturer or powder or whatever as it has a broad range of bullets and powders covered. I think they might be on the 49th edition now. As well as load data it also has an pretty complete "how to" section that tells you pretty much all you need to know to get started.