Stalking on the Field Sports Channel

Check out this weeks Field Sports Channel offering its all about stalking

Muncies in Essex with Geoff Garrod and red hinds with John Standing

tasty bit of crumpet on it too.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    9 month breeding cycle for Muntys??????

That aint correct.....
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Nor was the shot placement on the munty

George

Pretty unimpressed with both parts. The munty shot smacked of desperation and the hind/follower/big calf did not appear well shot. If you see it being dragged it looked brisketed (if that is a word!).

I am all for good PR and telling the story of what stalking does in a positive light but these people (52 episodes in) must take some responsibility for demonstrating best practise......surely?

Maybe this is just but anyone else agree?

Never get women like that where I go...

Holding my head in my hands here. What a sorry performance. If the Year of British Deer DVD is anything like this, my heart sinks.
    KevinF -

I know for sure that the Jonathan Standing part was quite an "adventure" with the tasty crumpet not being the shot she was supposed to be. Quite a bit of editing necessary for sure and deffo not best practice. Jonathan entirely blameless and did well to recover an iffy situation (and even better to get 7 people in shot of a deer)

I watched the short film and i was very disapointed in it but must say the lady from a cross the water added some much needed glam to the dull crap. bUT IT GOSE TO SHOW WE DONT REALLY WANT TO SEE BAD SHOTS ON THE TV SCREEN (JR)

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    I watched the short film and i was very disapointed in it but must say the lady from a cross the water added some much needed glam to the dull crap. bUT IT GOSE TO SHOW WE DONT REALLY WANT TO SEE BAD SHOTS ON THE TV SCREEN (JR)
    I agree. Earlier this year I drew attention to a DVD advertised by Bushwear that shows multiple poor shots. Sadly, many people seem to see nothing wrong with issuing video of evidently bad shot placement, and running, wounded animals. The video that is the subject of this current thread is yet another example. It distresses me that purchasers and some viewers might believe the duff information they peddle and think that what they see is somehow exemplary of best practice. What an absolute gift to our detractors these videos are.
    KevinF -