Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can any body recommend a training collar

can any body recommend a training collar

just a quick question does can any body recommend a training collar for dogs?

cheers charlie

www.muntjactrading.co.ukDepends on what you want to do with the dog I can offer a range of equipment as a starter package for tracking training that won't break the bank
    Kit

SD Regular
    Kit,

Do you do beep collars? Can't see anything on your website. Got a real problem getting my Ridgeback's attention to return.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Kit,

Do you do beep collars? Can't see anything on your website. Got a real problem getting my Ridgeback's attention to return.....
    30 yards of twine on a broom handle.

Reel him in when he should be returning.

They soon get the idea
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Kit,

Hi Eric
    I can find almost anything that you need (GPs collars comming soon website will be added to this week with new products,leather longlines etc Gundog training equipment),BUT I am reluctant to sell something to you that you may not need.
    A beep collar will make a beep(no brainer) but unless the dog acknowledges your presence or your authority it will be a waste of money.
    Start from the basics.
    Get the dog to heel,call his/her name,response by dog?
    If the dog does not respond the options can be
    A tug/snatch on the lead to attract attention
    Repeat name give titbit on responding (use this on a reducing scale i.e. 1st response titbit,2nd titbit 3rd no titbit,4th titbit etc.
    Or use a peep on a whistle at heel as a totally different command that MUST be obeyed without question.
    Your dog has learnt to ignore you so back to basics
    When the dog responds at heel use a long line for a while as per previous writer.
    Then put a small weight on the collar without the lead so the dog still thinks the lead is there.
    Never give the dog a command unless you can reinforce it.Sounds like a young dog so patience is the watchword
    www.muntjactrading.co.uk
    Have fun Kit

Charlie I use the Dogtra system & only use the vibrate mode to get my GSP's attention when she's ranged too far ahead & I don't want to whistle or shout.

It works great & has over a mile range.

Cheers

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    +1 on Dogtra. Small, neat, robust, reliable. The vibrate is all you need.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

+1 with kit.shouldn't need the vibrate at all if your training progresses CORRECTLY

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    +1 with kit.shouldn't need the vibrate at all if your training progresses CORRECTLY
    As I said I only use the vibrate mode to get my GSP's attention when she's ranged too far ahead & I don't want to whistle or shout, if she's stalking with me who in their right mind would want to call or whistle the dog to heel, vibrate mode is extremely useful in this situation!

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rob View Post
    As I said I only use the vibrate mode to get my GSP's attention when she's ranged too far ahead & I don't want to whistle or shout, if she's stalking with me who in their right mind would want to call or whistle the dog to heel, vibrate mode is extremely useful in this situation!

Chris
    If your dog is trained to deer,pre shot it should be by your heel,there is no need to bang your head against a wall if your dog does this.I imagine then you would not need the vibrate function at all,I in no way suggested your dog was not properly trained just made a statement,no need to get on high horse!Your dog maybe ranging in front of you will put deer off with movement,maybe not,if dog at heel at least you have an idea

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports