Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting lessons.

Shooting lessons.

Apologies if this is in the wrong froum, I couldn't decide where to put it.
    My partner has asked for shooting lessons (shotgun) for Christmas. Does anyone know of somewhere I could take her, preferably somewhere we could go for the weekend, stay a couple of nights and incorporate a couple of lessons into our time there? Preferably somewhere small and informal?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Best Regards,
    Adrian.

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianC View Post
    Apologies if this is in the wrong froum, I couldn't decide where to put it.
    My partner has asked for shooting lessons (shotgun) for Christmas. Does anyone know of somewhere I could take her, preferably somewhere we could go for the weekend, stay a couple of nights and incorporate a couple of lessons into our time there? Preferably somewhere small and informal?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Adrian. I`m not sure if Southern Counties (on the Dorchester road) gives lessons, i`m not sure about accomodation either but the countryside and views are outstanding.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Hello Adrian, you have a PM.

Take her up to mendip shooting ground and take a tent....Thats the way to treat a lady...

Steve Batt at Chessgrove Farm,Longhope Gloucestershire.
    Top game shooter and excellent tutor.

I'm pretty sure that Southern Counties give lessons, and that they have a very good female instructor. Also, being in south Dorset, the coast is nearby and there are plenty of good places to stay/eat.

Pinkers have a lovely place at Ladywood which is not far from M4 just N of Bristol. I have not used the place but did go and have a look as I was thinking of getting some lessons for my son. It is a lovely set up with good gun shop and a very tall high tower. It is set in a large wood and has lovely surrounds. Easy to get too as well. There are plenty of nice pubs/hotels in the area. Not too far from Tetbury and Cirencester if your partner would like to do some retail theraphy as well!!

D

Try Ivythorn Shooting Ground.While wifey gets a lesson you can try out some of the rifles on the test range.Steves a good bloke as well