Top excuses to not go stalking

roedeerred

For the older of us who have been doing it for years and no pressure.

1 I never shoot a deer till at least an hour after dawn, no rush,fall asleep again.:(

2. Ah, it's frosty........They'll not be out til later on. Click - :zzz:.

3. Ah, a full moon........No point going out this morning as they'll have been out feeding all night and will be tucked up in the woods by now. Click - :zzz:.

4. Ah, a NorthEasterly wind........Nothing will be out today. Click - :zzz:.

This is often followed by....
Ohh, can we go shopping today then dearest?
Which obviously leads to a revision of excuses, rifle out, car packed, Gone!:lol::thumb:
MS:D

I don't have any excuses not to go stalking, the Reason I choose not to go stalking on all my "Off" time is I don't want a divorce!!!!

TJ

Top excuses... Not to go stalking!!!..........Why?

But if you insist.

1) I'm dead.
2) I'm off shooting something else today.
3) I'm fishing today
4) Heaven forbid... I'm actually making some money so I can go stalking. Or...
5) I'm engaged in something other than stalking, which I really cannot avoid (but I'd probably rather be stalking)
6) I could go stalking today but ... I've broken or lost at least two limbs, eyes or other body parts such that stalking would be just too challenging, till I learn how to work around such a problem.

Hy guys I,m not the one who makes excuses I have had more than one divorce becouse of my passion for shooting.will be out game shooting tomorrow then up to bonnie Scotland sunday for a week hill stalking depending on when I get back game on sat does on sunday unfortunatly will have to work monday & tues game on wed etc. life is short so is money but I intend to get as much as possible.

'I have Nigella Lawson tied to the bed with a large jar of runny honey and Eva Mendes on standy. I don't intend to go stalking for a week'

Anything less than that is a poor show!

'I have Nigella Lawson tied to the bed with a large jar of runny honey and Eva Mendes on standy. I don't intend to go stalking for a week'

Zaitsev
thats the worst excuse ever ....take them both stalking

top excuses,

its raining
its windy
its cold
the grass has frost on it
the fields been ploughed
there is sheep in the field
its too far
someone was there yesterday
i haven't seen any there before

need i go on.

atb f.

What's wrong with you.........:cuckoo: She's tied to the bed, where's she going to go? You should be stalking til it's dark then cleaning your gear first. TUT!

YER NO GOIN AGAIN IR YA. WELL YE CAN TAK THON GIRNIN DUG WI YA COZ YER NO LEVIN IT HERE. AN MA HAIRDRESSERS APOINTMENT IS AT 9.15 SO YA BETTER BI BACK OR THIR IS MAIR THAN THE DEER THIT ALL BE HINGIN IT THE SHED. aN WHIT WILL AH DAY WI MAIR VENISUN THE FREEZER'S FULL AREADY AND YA TELT MI THAT FANCY SCOPE COST EH 140 QUID, A HUNNER AND fORTY MA ASS IT COST MAIR THAN THE CAR. YOU UR GROUNDED:mad:

Yes dear,:oops:

Last edited:
top excuses,

its raining
its windy
its cold
the grass has frost on it
the fields been ploughed
there is sheep in the field
its too far
someone was there yesterday
i haven't seen any there before

need i go on.

atb f.

Those aren't excuses not to stalk, they're just problems to be solved or at least worked around. Hell Frank we live in Scotland are you not stalking again till next summer?.. Even then only the ploughed field will be likely to have improved much... :lol:

tamus,

i stalk all days weather types and in all locations

these are all the ones i have heard from stalking chums.... who cant make it !

f.

tamus,

i stalk all days weather types and in all locations

these are all the ones i have heard from stalking chums.... who cant make it !

f.

Sorry Frank, I should have realised. You only struggle when they're a full click away in the middle of a quarry and there's a toorie bunnet in the road... apologies... :D

Go stalking!!!!

I'll take care of Nigella and Eva for you, and do you know what? ...... I won't charge you a penny!!!!

Sorry Frank, I should have realised. You only struggle when they're a full click away in the middle of a quarry and there's a toorie bunnet in the road... apologies... :D[/QUOTE]
:doh::rofl::dummy:

At long last I have a genuine excuse don't know yet if it will be temporary or permanent its called a HEART ATTACK

Bogtrotter, Don't let it get you downhearted, I had one last January. Two stents later, and four stone lost, and I am out again regularly! I did a full days beating at Foxcote yesterday and apart from falling asleep all the time I am fine.

I have also had four operations on my spine in the past, and am probably due another in the next year, so cherish every day and keep going while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for excuse not to go stalking? Mmmmmmmmmmhhhhh, tricky.

I am firmly tied to my hospital bed!

I have just won the lottery and am going to look at an estate to buy, (well I can dream can't I!)

The larder is full?

I am going wildfowling/fishing for salmon/sea trout.

I think that last bottle of Armagnac may have been a mistake?

ft

Back