Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleaning of brass

Cleaning of brass

Can anyone tell me the best way to get once fired cases really clean and shiney again ? Iv not gone down the reloading road yet, but have saved alot of brass, well over a 1000 cases sitting about.
    Some of the cases have gone a dull colour, and to keep them at their best i want to clean them, get them nice and shiney again before packing them away.

Account Suspended
    Get a case spinner put it in a battery drill and a minute touch of solvol autosol on a cloth then run and then finish off with a clean cloth.
    But only do it after you have re sized the case or you will need to do it again

You could go the whole hog and get a wet tumbler ans some stainless steel media. Have a look on you tube. Results are most impressive.

tumble in walnut media with auto glym car polish added, just a couple of squirts

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    tumble in walnut media with auto glym car polish added, just a couple of squirts
    or even better use T cut , guarenteed to get your cases spotless !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Roebuck270 View Post
    Can anyone tell me the best way to get once fired cases really clean and shiney again ? Iv not gone down the reloading road yet, but have saved alot of brass, well over a 1000 cases sitting about.
    Some of the cases have gone a dull colour, and to keep them at their best i want to clean them, get them nice and shiney again before packing them away.
    Guys,

I don't mean to be thick here, but what is the motivation to have "shiney cases". I can see the point of making the inside of the cases clean as the dirt and debris inside could affect the performance of the bullet, but surely the shiney outside is a complete waste of time ???

If you want help cleaning cases look at this >>>>>http://www.6mmbr.com/ultrasonic.html

The cases are just that cases, made of brass, they will go dull just like your grannies brass does, surely you don't want to keep polishing it ???

With you 100% on that Robbobsam, better cleaner inside than outside

cleaning cases ensures any case lube is removed stopping dirt sticking to the cases and also by cleaning them, it makes any damage easier to spot. As well as its nice to have shiney cases!

If you use the Lyman (green) media,in a tumbler you don't need anything else.
    Lyman (green) media is a bit more extra cost but really works.

+ Maplins sell ultrasonic cleaning tanks (about 40), also good for small quantities of cases.
    Last edited by MARKG; 03-12-2010 at 19:24. Reason: more