Thread: My new HOWA.

My new HOWA.

Here she is, the new HOWA 1500 Sporter, 243. I chose the black synthetic stock after origionally choosing the green one.

It comes with a Nikko Sterling 3-10x42 nighteater scope and wildcat, predator 8 moderator.
    I`ll probably upgrade the scope as and when i can afford to, but, i`m well pleased. It shoots well, feels good. My mate, who has twenty odd years experience gave it a thumbs up.
    basil.

basil
    it's not what your mate thinks that counts, it how you feel about it , that matters, but having an approvall of someone who knows does give a good feeling,
    congrats on the new toy
    it looks wicked

Nice to have a shiny new toy

Like it very much, the jap scopes are faultless mate I have a Zeiss and if the truth is told my brother in laws jap is as good if not better as it has a range finder as well at half the price

basil,
    i have just got rid of my howa 1500 in 308 heavy barrel,only because it was getting to heavy to carry around.i have bought a rem 700 but i must say the old howa was very accurate,my shooting partner apollo has one and the last time we zero the guns he put three in the same hole at 130yards.i dont think you will have any probs with it well worth the money.
    good luck with it regards anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by roverman
    basil,
    i have just got rid of my howa 1500 in 308 heavy barrel,only because it was getting to heavy to carry around.i have bought a rem 700 but i must say the old howa was very accurate,my shooting partner apollo has one and the last time we zero the guns he put three in the same hole at 130yards.i dont think you will have any probs with it well worth the money.
    good luck with it regards anthony.
    Initially i thought it had a 24 inch barrel, which, with a moderator on would prove to be front end heavy. To my relief it has a 22 inch barrel and is a joy to carry around.
    basil.

I`ve got the 1500 with the green stock, the best feeling/gripping/holding stock I have ever used on a gun. Completed my dsc1 last month, hit the same hole on the shooting tests; you will be pleased, enjoy. Tony M.

Quote Originally Posted by TONY M
    I`ve got the 1500 with the green stock, the best feeling/gripping/holding stock I have ever used on a gun. Completed my dsc1 last month, hit the same hole on the shooting tests; you will be pleased, enjoy. Tony M.
    Congrats on your DS1 mate. The grip is excellent, it`s going to be a very popular rifle.
    basil.