Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Legal Quarry ACPO reccomendations?

Any Legal Quarry ACPO reccomendations?

I have read (On several different forums) that the ACPO made a reccomendation that "Any Legal Quarry" should be added as a condition to all FACs if requested. I have also read several posts that say that this reccomendation was withdrawn so does anyone know exactly what the current situation is over this condition?
    Could any of you with any "Legal knowledge" offer any help or links to where I can find any "official" details about this please?

ACPO can make all the suggestions they wish, Chief Constables do not have to take up anything put forward by ACPO, it's a talking shop.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I must be lucky with my home county of Cumbria.
    I have 5 c/f rifles and my final condition on the cert. states `use only in connection with the lawful shooting of deer and the shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife`.
    Fox is also included in the other conditions.

HWH.

Hubert, you are in receipt of a very liberal dusting of common sense from your lot!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I too have this as the final condition on my certificate in Staffordshire, do you take it that you may shoot any legal quarry in the UK with this on your ticket, this is not a loaded question I don't look at other peoples tickets and didn't know that this may not be on some peoples firearm certificate.

I am in contact with West Mercia Police's Professional Standards Department (my MP and the Home Office Minister James Brokenshire MP) over my complaint that they will not issue me AOLQ. I have a solicitors opinion and a barristers opinion that should see me through a Judicial Review if they do not see sense. The legal eagles must be confident as they have offered no win no fee!

I am, however, not holding my breath. Common sense is not common, seemingly.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Flyt, you have my undivided attention on this one,& I'm sure a lot of others too!

Quote Originally Posted by CRUMPY View Post
    I too have this as the final condition on my certificate in Staffordshire, do you take it that you may shoot any legal quarry in the UK with this on your ticket, this is not a loaded question I don't look at other peoples tickets and didn't know that this may not be on some peoples firearm certificate.
    Yes !
    `Lawful shooting` and `any estate` covers it all as we are talking about UK legislation.
    As I have held my certificate since the 10th of August 1951 [59 years] with NO incidents or accidents I expect no less.

HWH.

Very interesting! Do you recall whether any conditions were placed on your certificate when it was newly granted. and if so, what they were?
    Last edited by Dalua; 28-11-2010 at 13:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    Very interesting! Do you recall whether any conditions were placed on your certificate when your certificate was newly granted. and if so, what they were?
    No !
    It was so long ago. My original application then was for a .22 rimfire and I did not apply for my first centre-fire [a 7X65R] rifle for stalking until 1961.
    I had slight hassle then but a personal visit to the Police accompanied by my mentor of the Roe soon sorted that out.

HWH.