Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hmmmmm! Dodgy skyline shot!!

I would be more concerned where the rifle pointed when redcap finished chambering the round,

Account Suspended
    I only saw the scope covers comming off. So, don't know when he actually chambered the round and I don't know what cartridge/bullet combo was being used either, but... If it was one of my rifles...I'd say there was plenty-o-backstop. Might have liked to see the shot hit a few inches lower though. Mr. Moose didn't exactly seem overwhelmed by it either, though doubtless it had the full effect ... once he'd had a short period in which to consider his situation. They are big, aren't they?

From the point of view of the camera, the shot for me would have to have been passed up, the guide fella must have been pretty confident in the condition of the clients rifle though!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sky liners are a no no even with such a size of an animal even with your rifle Tamus.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Sky liners are a no no even with such a size of an animal even with your rifle Tamus.
    Thought that might get you going.

What do you reckon it would take to get a thru and thru on a big ole bull moose then?

ps. I'll bet you folding money Gitano would tell us we're being a bit............ over cautious here.... too.

Overcautious is cheap on the mind,......... even knowing the ground just over the hill could have a very nasty result, once it's on the way down the barrel thats the end of it!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Even an animal like that can be missed i tooh a chap out a couple of years ago and when he was going to take his shot he couldnt get comfortable so i moved the rifle farward when i did it was discoverd the scope was loose on the front mount so end of stalk not end of life With regards what would go through that animal some thing big strong solid and fast

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Even an animal like that can be missed i tooh a chap out a couple of years ago and when he was going to take his shot he couldnt get comfortable so i moved the rifle farward when i did it was discoverd the scope was loose on the front mount so end of stalk not end of life With regards what would go through that animal some thing big strong solid and fast
    My problem with this sort of thread, if you'll allow me to have such a problem, is; we are criticising fellow sportsmen who clearly didn't feel the shot was wrong (for whatever reason) and we're doing it on the strength of a video which was not taken through the scope of the shooter and which doesn't neccessarily represent a fair picture of what actually occurred. I'm guessing they thought there was plenty backstop, but maybe you should ask them.

OMM Outfitters, Maine, ask for Nathan at:

www.ommoutfitters.com

You would need to have been in a 30 foot high seat to have got a back stop but you are right Tamus each to there own just make sure you dont walk out with me and take a shot like that you right ear would have been ringing for a week.
    I like to know were my bullet is heading