Thread: storage of firearms-temporary

storage of firearms-temporary

Hi Folks,

I am moving from Herefordshire to Lancaster for a few months, I am looking at doing a house share while I complete a course so more than likely it will not be appropiate to put my cabinet in the house or room, I think poss options are gun shops who may do this for a charge, also do I trust them not playing with my stuff did this once before and the threads on the barrel on one of my rifles had been damaged due to someone trying a mod of the end thats all I can think of, any ideas?

Woody

Have a chat with your local FLO as most police are happy to store them for short periods. It shows that you are being sensible! Just don't leave them there too long or they may review your need for them.
    Most RFD's will assist but at cost and sounds like you've already had bad experience there too.
    I looked after some for a friend recently for several months but they had to go on my ticket as 'held for security purposes only'.
    Good luck.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Have a chat with your local FLO as most police are happy to store them for short periods. It shows that you are being sensible! Just don't leave them there too long or they may review your need for them.
    Most RFD's will assist but at cost and sounds like you've already had bad experience there too.
    I looked after some for a friend recently for several months but they had to go on my ticket as 'held for security purposes only'.
    Good luck.
    MS

Thanks for the reply, want to avoid the FLO for that reason!

All the best

Gun shop and hard locable case is the answer mate

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Gun shop and hard locable case is the answer mate

Good idea, but I have 4 rifles and could work out expensive but definately an option, will look on ebay. Thanks

Account Suspended
    Lodge them with Fawcetts in Lancaster or MALMO guns