storage of firearms-temporary

woody

Hi Folks,

I am moving from Herefordshire to Lancaster for a few months, I am looking at doing a house share while I complete a course so more than likely it will not be appropiate to put my cabinet in the house or room, I think poss options are gun shops who may do this for a charge, also do I trust them not playing with my stuff did this once before and the threads on the barrel on one of my rifles had been damaged due to someone trying a mod of the end thats all I can think of, any ideas?

Woody

Have a chat with your local FLO as most police are happy to store them for short periods. It shows that you are being sensible!;) Just don't leave them there too long or they may review your need for them.:eek:
Most RFD's will assist but at cost and sounds like you've already had bad experience there too.
I looked after some for a friend recently for several months but they had to go on my ticket as 'held for security purposes only'.
Good luck.
MS:)

Have a chat with your local FLO as most police are happy to store them for short periods. It shows that you are being sensible!;) Just don't leave them there too long or they may review your need for them.:eek:
Most RFD's will assist but at cost and sounds like you've already had bad experience there too.
I looked after some for a friend recently for several months but they had to go on my ticket as 'held for security purposes only'.
Good luck.
MS:)

Thanks for the reply, want to avoid the FLO for that reason!

All the best

Back