Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ickky gooo!

Ickky gooo!

Anyone know what to use to break down the cruddy sticky poo, left behind by some camouflage tapes?......... Isopropyl alcohol fail, Acetone,..fail
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Try WD40, leave it to soak in and it should soften up the gum.

Petrol is very good for removing glue left after stickers, but i don't know about using it on a rifle ?

Stuff was left behind after I removed some fabric based tape from a can, will try the WD 40, as I seem to remember it can be detrimental to a lot of stuff!
    Last edited by finnbear270; 28-11-2010 at 14:34.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I use WD40 all the time to remove the gum from stickers and asset tags stuck on laptops. It's a light enough petrochemical to work into the gum but not so light as to dissolve the plastic!

Shifted it!, used some stuff called Flush -Out, seem to remember getting it from Griff when he had the Wipeout dealership,... must say it smells great!... says on the can to use for blasting crud out of actions etc, well this can looks like it just came from Wildcat, very clean & glossy!

johnsons baby wipes.
    sensitive they may be, but they will shift brake dust, resin, glues. dyes...oh and the obvious

Maybe wrapping that moderator up in camo tape wasnt such a good idea after all. haha, sorry old boy !!!

no problem, I like a challenge!