Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Tip Bullet heads from Nosler

E-Tip Bullet heads from Nosler

Morning Guys,

I am looking to purchase E-Tip bullet heads in 270, 6.5 and 30cal. I have looked on the web and can only find them availiable in the states, anybody got a source over here in the UK.

Thanks Dalkur

midway uk appear to do them on .270

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    midway uk appear to do them on .270

Thats interesting it appears they post expanding bullets to UK address which gets around the face to face situation or am i missing something??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    ....or am i missing something??????????
    MidwayUK will post expanding bullets to an RFD, I have some bullets on the way to Tain today I hope. They will post non-expanding to your home. I recently got some Berger match bullets delivered to the house. Rgds JCS

Quote Originally Posted by dalkur View Post
    Morning Guys,

I am looking to purchase E-Tip bullet heads in 270, 6.5 and 30cal. I have looked on the web and can only find them availiable in the states, anybody got a source over here in the UK.

Thanks Dalkur
    I'm sure there's other options - http://gscustom.co.za/

Or you could try these out, and increase the size of the hollow point on target BTHPs, therefore they would become "designed to expand"

http://corporate.thegunroomuk.com/im...tion-sheet.pdf

Midway UK, seldom have stock in the U.K. I believe its one guy acting as an agent, very helpful though, every time I've bought from them I've waited up to three weeks and sometimes longer when it comes back as out of stock in States, Nosler are hard to source in States at present just bought some partitions, the only two boxes in stock with no supplies available from his sources, supposed to be because U.S government is buying up all ammo stocks due to the war in Afghanistan? deerwarden.

Gavin has NO Stock in the UK. The order's go to MidwayUSA i no this as when i order some mount's i asked him to check them of cause he could not as they was in the States?????

Edgar brothers are the UK importers for Nosler, although you wouldn't know it ! Should have stocks of everything, also York Guns stock some Nosler as do Norman Clarke.

FlyBoy270

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by DL View Post
    I'm sure there's other options - http://gscustom.co.za/

Or you could try these out, and increase the size of the hollow point on target BTHPs, therefore they would become "designed to expand"

http://corporate.thegunroomuk.com/im...tion-sheet.pdf
    Hollow points, in my experience, will expand. You don't need to tamper with them and risk losing accuracy. If you reload you "design" the round and you can design it to do whatever you choose. Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy270 View Post
    Edgar brothers are the UK importers for Nosler, although you wouldn't know it !
    Too right.

I have been desperate to get a heap of these for the .270 a fortnight ago. I have just gone through many of the better stocked dealers I know within the UK, from Tain to Devon, that would have e-tips in the .270 and no-one has anything. A pack of 50 .270 heads are to be found at Reloading Solutions (you may find they have e-tip heads in other calibres). If I could anything further in help, I might suggest that you ask Reloading Solutions as I would reckon they are the most likely to get them for you in a moderate time frame. They always seem to try their best.

Alternatively, if you were after e-tips solely because they were non-toxic I would reckon you have more chance getting the Barnes Triple Shock which would fit this bill, though I know nothing regards their ballistic performance.