Shooting Gazette

jamross65

I used to buy this magazine fairly regularly up until 4 or 5 years ago. I purchased Novembers issue and was really disappointed in the lack (complete) of just basic shooting and stalking content. I then bought this months in the hope it was a one off. It wasn't. Some nice pictures though...

It appears to have taken itself to the upper heights of our sport and misses the opportunity for the 'everyman' (...woman).

I know that Sporting Rifle gets a hard time on this site but honestly, I would buy it over the Gazette if the last 2 months were indicative of its current style and content.

Jamross65

Your right in your thoughts.

I foolishly purchased 12 months subscription on the magazine a while back (A moment of madness! at the Midland)

It's now aimed at the high end driven pheasant end of the market and field trials from what i've experienced in my first two magazines.

There are some ok bits to the mag but all in all there are better magazines that cover stalking and are more rounded to shooting in general.

I suppose you pay's your money and you make your choice.

I'm sure however there will be a wide circulation of this magazine.. but I will not renew my subscription.

All the best

Robbo25

Back