Zeiss Victory Diavari 6-24x56 FL or Swarovski Z6i 5-30x50 BT

whinfell

I am thinking about getting a new scope and have narrowed it down to these two, does anyone have any views which would be the best choice, also best place to purchase at a fair price.

ive been looking at the same scopes myself(well the z6 not z6i) ,decieded on the swaro as its a hell of a lot lighter and finer adjustments on the turrets

A few months back someone posted an independent comparison between several manufacturers and several of the scopes they made, including from memory these two. If I recall correctly, everything taken into account, the Zeiss came out on top but only just.

I've looked through a swarovski 2.5-15x56 Z6i and a Zeiss 3-12x56 Classic one after another looking in to clear fell and woodland edge at dusk, I found Zeiss clearer and brighter.

Only way to compare really is at dusk. During normal daylight there is very little between any scopes, the real difference only come clear dusk. Its all down to light gathering.

Having said that I saw another article a few months back from a guy that had some of the top scopes and he posted the views through each at 5 minute intervals as night approached. The difference was minimal. I think that Zeis and Swaro gave an extra 15 minutes shootable light over some of the cheaper scopes.

If you want to pay an extra £1000 for an extra 15 minutes shooting just before dusk, be my guest.

I will spend the extra £1000 on a few days stalking in Scotland.

Only way to compare really is at dusk. During normal daylight there is very little between any scopes, the real difference only come clear dusk. Its all down to light gathering.

Having said that I saw another article a few months back from a guy that had some of the top scopes and he posted the views through each at 5 minute intervals as night approached. The difference was minimal. I think that Zeis and Swaro gave an extra 15 minutes shootable light over some of the cheaper scopes.

If you want to pay an extra £1000 for an extra 15 minutes shooting just before dusk, be my guest.

You'll find that that extra 15 minutes (for example when Sika stalking) can make the difference between success and failure.Each to their own

You'll find that that extra 15 minutes (for example when Sika stalking) can make the difference between success and failure.Each to their own

+1

I posted on another thread that the only time I may have had a need for an IR was when Sika stalking.

May not be as fussed for that extra 15mins where Roe are concerned. JMO

is that right you turn a zeiss victory up on full mag in day light against a scope costing £1000 less and you see if there the same.

I've got both of the scopes in question and both are fabulous quality.In my opinion the swarovski is more suited to a stalking rifle especially with the 6x.The zeiss is more of a chunky do it all scope with the raised turrets.
I personally can't distinguish any difference in image quality between the two and you won't be disappointed with either

Returning to not being worth the extra cash I've known a lot of folks who've upgraded and once they've bitten the bullet not many of these have gone back to their cheaper alternative

Last edited:

robbobsam hasnt really got a clue hes ONLY just got into centre fires and has yet to shoot a deer,anyway in my experience go for the swarovski awesome stalking scope,i have one

They are both equally good.
I chose the zeiss 6-24x56 ir as all my scopes are now zeiss.
I also found the z6 sreticules a little to fine for field work when there isnt time to illuminate the dot.
My big zeiss has the rapid 7 ret a cool bit of stuff but to much going on if illuminated under lamp its fine without IR.

They are both equally good.
I chose the zeiss 6-24x56 ir as all my scopes are now zeiss.
I also found the z6 sreticules a little to fine for field work when there isnt time to illuminate the dot.
My big zeiss has the rapid 7 ret a cool bit of stuff but to much going on if illuminated under lamp its fine without IR.
just leave the IR on all the time,thats whats its there for day or night mode

Had a look through both scopes today agree with yorkshire roestalking that z6 reticles a bit on the fine side, also noted that illuminated dot smaller on the Zeiss, looked through both of them before darkness fell, both fantastic scopes think i am going to go for the Zeiss. ps thank's to everyone for their comments.

Had a look through both scopes today agree with yorkshire roestalking that z6 reticles a bit on the fine side, also noted that illuminated dot smaller on the Zeiss, looked through both of them before darkness fell, both fantastic scopes think i am going to go for the Zeiss. ps thank's to everyone for their comments.
theres one on the bay

I just bought it waiting for it to arrive i have a 7 x 56 ir khales which i will be selling if any body is interested

Atb Mark

you will not be disapointed these scopes are fantastic nice xmas pressie atb paul

Back