Thread: Game Reaper Mounts for Sako 85 223

Game Reaper Mounts for Sako 85 223

Just ordered a Sako 85 Stainless Laminate. Been recommended the one piece Game Reaper mounts but can't seem to find any suppliers which have an option to fit Sako.

Any experience with these mounts and where to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Double0gorgeous View Post
    Just ordered a Sako 85 Stainless Laminate. Been recommended the one piece Game Reaper mounts but can't seem to find any suppliers which have an option to fit Sako.

Any experience with these mounts and where to get them?
    I have never tried the mounts you mention, but I am a big fan of Optilock mounts. Because of the liner there is no scope marking, the scope is damn nearly centered from the start (my 8x56 which I have just fitted needed three clicks up and one left to be 1" high at 100yds), and they damn near return to zero on re-fitting. I am sure there are better mounts made, but they won't be better by much, and certainly not better value.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Cheers ft, looks like Optilock it is.

Just found out Game Reaper mounts not made for Sako due to the different action sizes

I like the idea of the quick release Optilock mounts but not the price, better start saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Double0gorgeous View Post
    Cheers ft, looks like Optilock it is.

Just found out Game Reaper mounts not made for Sako due to the different action sizes

I like the idea of the quick release Optilock mounts but not the price, better start saving.
    Double0gorgeous, have you looked in the for sale section? There were Optilocks for sale there recently.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    Double0gorgeous, have you looked in the for sale section? There were Optilocks for sale there recently.

ft
    Cheers, pms sent all over the place, need 30mm which is proving a problem