Thread: SIERRA GAME KINGS IN .270 130g

SIERRA GAME KINGS IN .270 130g

Is it possible to get game kings in .270 130g ?, been told by Litts they are no longer
    available in this weight, they sold me Sierra prohunter spitzer 130g but I am reluctant
    to load them, the general feedback on this site is that game kings are the best for
    this calibre, I am currantly using Noseler Bal tips 130g,but they are not supposed to be
    used in the estate syndicate to which I belong,any info would be welcome.

Midwayuk - Sierra GameKing Bullets 270 Caliber (277 Diameter) 130 Grain Spitzer Boat Tail Box of 100

I have just ordered some 129 gr soft points from here for my 260 Rem and they are on their way to Macleods in Tain where I will pick them up when it stops snowing. Regards JCS

Obviously still available, but are they in .270win?, or is .260rem the same bullet size,
    somehow Im not sure it is,thanks for the reply.
    Howzat.

Howzat

Did you click on the Midwayuk link? Even if you don't buy from Midway UK, their site is a handy reference.

260 Rem bullets are .264 inches in diameter and all I was suggesting by my comment is that it's not hard to order expanding bullets from Midwayuk.

Rgds JCS

yes mate you can still get them i have a local shop with them in stock they are my choice along with interlocks and speer grand slams.they do the job nicely and i have had no meat damage even at full tilt

Quote Originally Posted by Howzat View Post
    Is it possible to get game kings in .270 130g ?, been told by Litts they are no longer
    available in this weight, they sold me Sierra prohunter spitzer 130g but I am reluctant
    to load them, the general feedback on this site is that game kings are the best for
    this calibre, I am currantly using Noseler Bal tips 130g,but they are not supposed to be
    used in the estate syndicate to which I belong,any info would be welcome.
    try henry kranks , im sure i saw them in their catalouge when i was snooping through it the i other week , im thinking of using the 150gn gamekings in my 270 !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Speer grand slams, my next one to try Lee. John

Thanks for all the replies,new someone out there would know about it, I will try the places
    suggested, many thanks,
    howzat.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Graham's in Inverness usually stock them. If you were heading up this way anyway.........

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position