Who's snowed in?

Snowed in here in Caithness, can make town after the snow plough has passed but can't get back up my drive with the depth of snow building up against my spoiler.
Only a couple of does to get for friends before Christmas anyway and it's winter time, what can we expect.

not snowed in , but there is plenty of it !

ive been out and about , only managed to rustle up a red and 2 roe this week so far but out again in the morning .

cheers lee

No matter how much snow we have I'm never snowed in. All you need is a Volvo BM tractor and a snow blade. Sadly the snow is to deep to hunt the teckle.
I am off shooting pheasants tommorow though. Should be interesting as they have had quite a bit of snow in Southern Sweden and its -10 and blowing quite hard.

We had 16'' yesterday morning and it has been snowing heavily on and off since. The pick-up seems to go through everything though.:D

Apparently another 2 days of it to come.

John Deere 6230p and a Landcruiser are what keep us moving. The snow is a bit crunchy for woodland stalking and it's about 1'' deeper than my wellie tops. Off to Kelso for the pheasants next week so hope the gritters keep up the good work on the roads south.

Whats happening now,Global warming? What now heading back to the ice age,polar bears seen in the north of scotland,3 ft drifts with us up about 750ft.
deer got hammered already this year,

Got 9 inches here in Bavaria and -6C.
Just got the Hyundai Terracan back from the clutch swap yesterday cost 1500 euros ouch!! so anyway I can get back on to the boar problem again. Got winter tyres on as it!s law here now.
Martin

Aye

Went up to have a look at some of the local Roe and this bloke gave up and wouldn`t push on,, would not let me past either ( as the snow was up to the top off the bonnet on the pajero ) :)
novsnow2010009.jpg

We have ten inches here in South Yorkshire and its still snowing with more to come. Never seen it this bad here ever.

whos snowed in

Nowt here north of dumfries, nice and cold though, better than the normal wet, kids going mad with frustration as everyone else has snow and it's not fair we don't, ah bless! they'd soon complain if they had to work ot in it.

View attachment 3682View attachment 3681

I was in sutherland at the weekend renovating a estate larder great fun to get there 9 hours up from Glasgow .
Plenty of snow in Sutherland snow chains required from Bonor Bridge north on Friday night ,on Monday the roads close from Tongue to Tain ,no chains no move, I met the plough on the side of loch loyal his word were where the f=== have you came from ,after a few laughs I went South he went North ,from Inverness south A9 the roads were all snow covered but passable until the Broxden roundabout at Perth where the police were causing havoc as usual ,after a few words of insperation he moved his land rover so i could get down the road .

14 hours to get back to Glasgow

The areas where the most infastructor is are the areas where the problems are all self induced by idiots in suits , there would be no problems if they would use road salt .

All in all the work i was up to do got done, I came home with a hundred pie beast or two which will get my undivided attention just shortly .

Last edited:
Now up to 2 feet in the back garden and still falling. Stir crazy. I wanted to go out in argyll this week but no chance. I bet argyll is snow free as well:mad: need to get out soon. Mind you even this weekends pheasants will probably be cancelled. Hig ground border shoot stands little chance of access,
Jim

Hi jimbo, loads of snow around lochgilphead and towards glasgow. I Got a few extra days off work due to the roads being so bad( council have taken 4 plows out of commision and are left with one to do all the roads in mid argyll) mind you I wasn't complaining as it ment an extra two days stalking for me. It was hard going with the snow well over my knees, even the quad was realy struggling.

None north west, how is dunfries looking in corsock area? Up there for five days from monday :D on the roe does!

Back