A bit of an eye opener?

Those who are protecting us?
Police marksmen have fired their guns more times by mistake than when responding to threats in the last three years, an investigation has found. Also wondered how the other two remaining forces avoided the freedom of information requests?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dentally-110-TIMES-3-years.html#ixzz16pzvKtPB:eek:

Don't know whether to laugh or sigh... Can this really be true???

56 A.D.'s to only 29 incident call outs!!!! That's a frightening enough ratio on it's own but 6 dead civilians one dead policeman and two other policmen GSW injured. FFS!

And that's just the Met... :eek:

Not AD's. A discharge is NEVER accidental! NEGLIGENT discharge is the correct phrase. If you follow the correct procedures, then it is virtually impossible for a modern weapon to fire "accidentally".

Not AD's. A discharge is NEVER accidental! NEGLIGENT discharge is the correct phrase. If you follow the correct procedures, then it is virtually impossible for a modern weapon to fire "accidentally".

Well I'm not going to argue with you since I've never had one, with a gun, during 40 odd years and tens of thousands of rounds of shooting. So, I don't have the terminology... sorry.

The article actually said the Police "accidentally blasted their weapons" ... I assume that means discharge and not just a surface finishing treatment, but you're right it would almost certainly have to be done with delibrate action.

I particularly shuddered at this quote:

A Bedfordshire Police officer fired off a Taser 26 times by mistake into a ballistic bag at an armoury in December last year.

Still, at least he knows how not to do it.. eh?

hi,

not getting into what to call it, ND or Ad.
These figures are not that shocking.
there is many Ad/Nds in our sport.
I myself had one (Ad) with a shotgun just last year however i was on my own and the gun went straight to the shop to be fixed as it was faulty(wear n tear).
In the armed forces the quantity of Nds is huge, lot higher than you would imagine.
likewise these reports of police Nds is nothing new.
What you may need to be aware of is that 10% of Nds may not get reported so thats another 6/7 on top.

atb f.

In the armed forces the quantity of Nds is huge, lot higher than you would imagine.

In comparison the number of NDs by shop workers is incredibly low.....in fact a lot lower than you might imagine....:rofl:

How do you fire a tazer 26 times accidently, if its the prong firing type you, you set the timer before firing ie 5secs etc which you can divide say into 2 bursts by leaving go of the trigger, you usally have to take a burst youself before being aloud to use one, glad he wasn,t doing the training. Or do they mean he used a bag of balistic material for a target 26 times.:scared:

sounds like some of them should be issued with paintball guns rather than MP3's, be a bit safer methinks !!!:eek:!!!

trouble :- there's accidents and there's ACCIDENTS and then there's SHEER BLOODY NEGLIGENCE !!!

Nobody ever had an accident ? i have

Just the once, cycling the bolt on a CZ rimfire wearing gloves, bolt down and glove caught the trigger :oops:
Result, an unplanned hole in the back stop, lesson learned, no gloves on right hand in future.

Neil. :)

I once saw a man lose three weeks pay for not clearing his rifle properly and making a bang when test firing into the sand box. He did not do it again!

I have also seen a black powder hangfire that went off, after a while, and put a hole through the range bench.

I saw a man shoot the clay trap on a stand, fortunately the trapper was well protected.

My only mistake, so far, has being shooting two deer with one shot. I scanned with the bins, put the bins down, picked the rifle up, breaking eye contact with the deer, then put up the rifle, picked out the beast and shot it. unfortunately another yearling had come up behing the doe and i shot her too. Luckily i had chance to finish her off quickly with a second shot :oops: I was and am embarrassed by this!

But that many ND's by professionals? Hard to credit it. Perhaps they ought to lose three weeks pay too?

ft

sounds like some of them should be issued with paintball guns rather than MP3's, be a bit safer methinks !!!:eek:!!!

I think they would be safe enough with MP3's unless they were trying to deafen you with loud music. I think you ment to type MP5,s (H&K).

I was told by a detective once that any officer that has shot anyone in action is immediately put on suspension pending a full investigation.
this was some years agao but with that many AD/ND's I am surprised there are any officers left in active duty to continue responding!!

I am most happy that they could not be so compared!:cool:..... my most recent interaction with the l"leading hand" of a team that landed on my doorstep, couldn't differentiate between my partners target shooters f.a.c. & my own open cert.:rolleyes:

Back