Thread: Tip for liquid fuel handwarmer users

Tip for liquid fuel handwarmer users

If you use a peacock/zippo/steve boston handwarmer, petroleum based panel wipe from a motorfactors or automotive paint suppliers can be used as a fuel.
    It's basically the same as coleman white fuel so can be used in multi-fuel camping stoves too. I think I paid about 6 for my last 5ltr container

I was advised recenly that one can just use a drop of 95octane unleaded, which also costs about 6 for 5ltrs. Not tried it yet - should I?

Further, if my handwarmer is an old model, will I need to get the ignition retarded?

i wouldnt use unleaded ,it stinks burns black and will soot up the warmer i also reccomend panelwipe it burns clear and doesnt smell ,the reason people chucked there colemans was because of unleaded buggering the jet up the panelwipe is a really cheap solution and any car paintshop will sell it atb,wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    I was advised recenly that one can just use a drop of 95octane unleaded, which also costs about 6 for 5ltrs. Not tried it yet - should I?

Further, if my handwarmer is an old model, will I need to get the ignition retarded?
    re unleaded - No
    Re old model- Get it upgraded to electronic ignition

bought a job lot of the charcoal handwarmers from a car boot years ago for coppers, must be 10 or more left plus a carrierbagful of briquettes, ideal not just for shooting but also for winter codding, both beach and boat, one warmer in each pocket of floatation suit, luvverly!!!