Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taxidermist needed in yorkshire

Taxidermist needed in yorkshire

Right I shot my first Snipe today and would like to get it mounted. Now I know this technically isn't the right section so mods feel free to move it if you so wish. Now who would you guys recommend for the job? It would also be useful to have a contact for any potential mounts of deer later on. I have tried one guy called David Astley only he refuses to mount anything thats been shot its a strange job to be in in that case. Any help will be appreciated.

George

Account Suspended
    Johnathen Standing from somewhere near carlisle maybe your closest but you will have to google the address unless someones got it.
    Regards
    Stu

Theres a gamedealer in Sutton under Whitestonecliffe. (Sutton Bank) called Roland Todd, he knows a very good taxidermist who does feathered things. My brother took is first cock pheasant and english partridge to be stuffed, they are brilliant. Im not sure who the taxidermist is but Toddy can sort it out for you.

try tony at sweeny todds in darlington he is first rate.

regards

The man you need is Mike Gadd and he is in Boston Spa - between York and Harrogate. website is www.taxidermy.co.uk

good luck !

Try Gary Tatterton at Wetherby. I can highly recommend his work.

Id agree with chrisc Tony at sweeny Todds in Darlington does a fantastic job on fur and feather i have around 15 items done by him !

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Id agree with chrisc Tony at sweeny Todds in Darlington does a fantastic job on fur and feather i have around 15 items done by him !
    Have you been getting road kill stuffed Nige?! You cant have shot that many deer... haha

One or Two more than you !!!!!!!!!!!! You shooting Saturday weather permiting ill double gun you again show you how to go on !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    One or Two more than you !!!!!!!!!!!! You shooting Saturday weather permiting ill double gun you again show you how to go on !!!!!
    I will be there.. got my eye in now! Should be good with this snow on the ground.