heads up

griff

Just had this:

Can you circulate this around especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.

sometimes I really wonder....

Ever tried googling the number.

The email is 5 years old and originally the figure was £15 and the maximum you can be billed is £1.50 per minute.

In transcription the typist forgot to press shift when keying the £ sign so the figure became 315.

It just cost me 6 quid ringing the Royal Mail, they re-directed my call and I got lost in the Christmas rush........BUGGER ! I got my phone bill on time though :lol:

Was out with a police inspector friend last weekend and he was saying that a version of this is still current and an alert was passed to him recently.

Back