Which neoprene wellies do you recommend?

merlin

I'm going to get me a pair of them thar new-fangled neoprene gumboots.... ;) (My toes were getting just a wee bit cold whilst out pheasant shooting in the Lake District last week...)

So - what do you chaps recommend??

Hunters? Aigle? Le Chameau? Muckboots? Any others?????

Cheers,

Merlin

I have a paier of the full zip Aigles and they are a treat, neoprene is much thicker than on the Le chameau (i used to have a pair, never again), the sole feel like i'm walking on about 2 inches of neoprene for some reason, really comfy.

That said, i have heared great things about muck boots. Not had a pair but never heard a bad word that they are quite reasonable in the grand scheme of things.

DD

I bought some Toggi's last year; first ones leaked straightaway, second pair leaked after a few months. They were about half the cost of the big name brands, but I wouldn't risk buying them again.

After spending a fortune and wearing most of them , chameau, Aigle, Hunter, Toggie and others I can't mind, I have now settled with Muckboots for both quality and price, although if you are after warmth go for a pair of Sorrel pac boots, you can get quite good deals here now.

You'll no doubt get plenty of conflicting views, my feet have been warm all day and it hasn't got above -10:smug:

Muck boots.

I have just got my 3rd pair over 7 years. They are great, I can put a new pair on and go out and walk six miles with them on and not get even so much as a hint of a blister. Warm in the winter and not excessively hot in the summer.

Dave

Got a pair of hunter Neo Gallways, also recomended them to my mate as they are really warm. he bought a pair at this years CLA and has had to send them back twice as they are coming apart. i checked mine when he told me and mine apear to be pealing apart. no way i would buy Hunter again. My le Cham's lasted nearly 11 years.

Ezzy

I have a paier of the full zip Aigles and they are a treat, neoprene is much thicker than on the Le chameau (i used to have a pair, never again), the sole feel like i'm walking on about 2 inches of neoprene for some reason, really comfy.

That said, i have heared great things about muck boots. Not had a pair but never heard a bad word that they are quite reasonable in the grand scheme of things.

DD

I bought a pair of these Aigles for my wife, I think the model is called Parcours Iso (or something). She raves about how warm they are. They are certainly heavier made than the Chameau's I had. Good price too compared to some.

Got myself a pair of Seeland Estate for this season...absolutely cracking boots. Much wider foot than those skimpy French ones which are alright for light weight southern continental types but not much good for us chunky Northern Europeans!

Merlin

Had a pair of Chameau full zip, ok until you catch them on a fence :doh:

Have bought a pair of Grub's Stalker boots, for the money they are a bloody good pair of boots. Good vibram sole and warm in this cold weather mate

Jon

Aigles Parcours range or Grub's Stalkers for me - both great boots

I also looked at the Muck boot equivalents of the Stalkers, but much preferred the tread on the Grubs - never slipped once!

Last edited:
Aigle Parcours ISO the business. Actually, they are nearly too warm unless it is seriously cold. Great for sitting in a highseat.

I had Muck boots but they fell apart quickly, very comfy though. For the last year I have been using a pair of Grubb's stalkers, they are without doubt the comfiest wellies i have ever owned. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

ft

Muck boots for me..great value for money.They are warm in winter and still ok in summer. The soles also seem to be self sealing,I've stood on a couple of nails and still no leeks.

fraser

Another vote for Aigle Parcours Iso - and a warning too: steer well clear of the same maker's Outlast lined Parcours. Mine lasted four months before the Outlast lining wore through at the back of the heels and under the pad of my heels. In my experience it is simply unfit for purpose. I shot my pair and went back to the neo-lined variety.

I got some Hunter Balmoral Neoprene half price on ebay a couple of weeks ago. Very warm and cosy!

I have a pair of Aigle's,not the ones with the side zip, just the basic neoprene ones. I was so pleased with them that I got some for the wife. We have now had them for about six years and are still very pleased with them. They get plenty of use too, not just wet weekends! we live on a farm and are regular shooters/beaters/pickers up etc. The down side is they are so good and have lasted so well that I cant give you an opinion on anything else!

Back