Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre trip anticipation

Pre trip anticipation

On sunday, weather permitting, I'm off on a three day stalking trip.

Ive been very fortunate in being invited to some land where sika, red and roe are the target species around the Inverness area.

Now to say I'm excited is an understatement as the butterflys already fluttering around my substantial stomach will attest to.

So, to the more experienced stalkers on the site, do you still get just as excited now as you did when you first started stalking? Is that sense of anticipation still the same?

Tony
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I am by no means an experienced stalker, although, just above novice....

I still get excited about going out on new ground, what to expect, what you may or may not have heard about it.

I still enjoy the "Buzz".

It's cold up here just now though, the snow is still powdery, so not to difficult to get through at the moment.

Good Luck

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Absolutely Tony!

I must confess my day to day stalking whilst still a true addiction, doesn't give me that buzz you are describing. If I miss a week or two however I feel a bit lost and miss it.

Now a stalking holiday to somewhere new is a real thrill. I'm off to Poland in january, and I've been counting down the "sleeps" till the day I leave.

I think if I lost that rush of excitement I'd stop doing it for a few years in the hope it would come back.

have a great trip, fingers crossed on the weather. Be sure and follow up with a report, I love reading them.

Mark.

Good Luck Tony

My day hind stalking next Thursday has been cancelled as the deer are down off the hill around the roads trying to get some feed on the verges due to the depth of snow in Stirlingshire. Hope your drive North is not too traumatic as we are forecast to have more snow Saturday night.

Tony

Good luck! Im off up to Dumfries for five days on Monday, I am more than slightly excited myself!!

Andi

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by andibrains View Post
    Tony

Good luck! Im off up to Dumfries for five days on Monday, I am more than slightly excited myself!!

Andi
    Iam up in Dumfries Wednesday Thursday and Friday of next week weather permitting on various leases
    Whereabout in Dumfries Andy?

So, to the more experienced stalkers on the site, do you still get just as excited now as you did when you first started stalking? Is that sense of anticipation still the same?
    Have you noticed how the rain whilst you are at work / working , is different to the rain you experience while out with the rifle?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Account Suspended
    Its drier isnt it? well it is according to Peter Kay

Must admit,I can't get enough of it,even after 20 years,wife calls me a sado!!night before I have my rifle out checking it ,got my knife out sharpening it!she says Im like that nutter in full metal jacket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    On sunday, weather permitting, I'm off on a three day stalking trip.

Ive been very fortunate in being invited to some land where sika, red and roe are the target species around the Inverness area.

Now to say I'm excited is an understatement as the butterflys already fluttering around my substantial stomach will attest to.

Tony
    tony,

i wish you luck mate as i cant see you making it with the weather been as bad as it is mate.
    even if you get there will they be out and about....

x fingers for you.

the buzz of stalking is something i hope i never loose.

atb frank