Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: proposed airgun ban i scotland

  1. #1

    proposed airgun ban i scotland

    now that the SNP have the power now to set the laws regarding airweapons a ban is not far off , its likely that air rifles will need to be put on your ticket , do you think i should buy one before the ban comes into place as i think it will be easier to add one that you already have than put in for a variation , what do you think ?

  2. #2
    I think that making air weapons sub 12ft and 6ftlbs firearms is bonkers, much better to spend the admin overhead money on something else - like educating people and funding cancer fighting, life saving drugs.

    Go ahead and buy, what difference will it make? Just don't spend too much in case it gets silly and there is an 'outright ban'....
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by RickoShay View Post
    I think that making air weapons sub 12ft and 6ftlbs firearms is bonkers, much better to spend the admin overhead money on something else - like educating people and funding cancer fighting, life saving drugs.

    Go ahead and buy, what difference will it make? Just don't spend too much in case it gets silly and there is an 'outright ban'....
    Hi rick. As I understand it. There will be a blanket ban and all airweapons will be treated like firearms and will require licences

  4. #4
    Hi all
    So if i go to scotland shooting and happen to take my air rifle in the car with me book into the hotel and leave the air rifle in the car and a policeman happens to see it on the back seat what happens then? What a load of b*%locks we should have a referendum once and for all we all become independent nations or we stay together as UK GB and we all abide by the same laws and rules
    Geordie

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    Hi all
    So if i go to scotland shooting and happen to take my air rifle in the car with me book into the hotel and leave the air rifle in the car and a policeman happens to see it on the back seat what happens then? What a load of b*%locks we should have a referendum once and for all we all become independent nations or we stay together as UK GB and we all abide by the same laws and rules
    Geordie
    your guess is as good as mine geordie lol

  6. #6

    Thumbs down

    I think I started with an air rifle when I was about nine years old. The concerning thing about this situation is that future generations may not be able to get into rifle shooting,if they have not had a basis to learn on. I hope that this doesn't go ahead, apart from anything else it would be very difficult to implement.

  7. #7
    What I want to know is what are the plans for compensating the many thousands of law abiding citizens who currently have a perfectly legal airgun now who wont be allowed them after any such nonesensical ban comes into place.They wont be able to demonstrate good reason for having one so they will have to hand them in, or risk a firearms prosecution.

    If this ban is being brought in to help save lives like poor Andrew Mortons (The toddler that was shot by a drug fueled scumbag), how will that happen? Will all the low life drugged up scumbags hand theirs in as well ? I dont think so !

    Therefore this legislation is entirely pointless

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    What I want to know is what are the plans for compensating the many thousands of law abiding citizens who currently have a perfectly legal airgun now who wont be allowed them after any such nonesensical ban comes into place.They wont be able to demonstrate good reason for having one so they will have to hand them in, or risk a firearms prosecution.

    If this ban is being brought in to help save lives like poor Andrew Mortons (The toddler that was shot by a drug fueled scumbag), how will that happen? Will all the low life drugged up scumbags hand theirs in as well ? I dont think so !

    Therefore this legislation is entirely pointless
    When has being pointless ever detered them...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Therefore this legislation is entirely pointless
    *open sarcasm*

    You think?

    Look at the great success of the pistol ban, it worked wonders at cleaning up the streets of weapons.

    *close sarcasm*
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

  10. #10
    Were people compensated when handguns were banned ?

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Chiller: (sptted on Airgun BBS)
    By Tommo in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-03-2010, 07:15
  2. Airgun ban for Scotland
    By ORIONSARMS in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-11-2009, 00:27
  3. airgun scope mounts wanted
    By Offroad Gary in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 17:04
  4. 10 year old dies in airgun incident
    By legaleagle69 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-09-2009, 16:01
  5. PROPOSED BAN ON AIRGUNS
    By griff in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 02:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •