Thread: Soursing nexpensive dried blood and a dispencer

Soursing nexpensive dried blood and a dispencer

Hi
    Im being asked what I would like for christmas by my daughter
    The 50 dried blood in the bush wear cataloge is a little expensive
    Could yor recommend any where else for inexpensive dried blood and a dispencer
    Merry X-Mass
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

I collect my supply off a suitable carcase in one of those heavy duty zip lock freezer bags. Then decant into an old ice cube tray and freeze in my game storage freezer. When needed i then take one or two out and place in a small spray bottle. It only takes 15 mins max to defrost The dispenser I use has a wide neck and had the dogs flea and tick spray in it. and is very versatile you can either mist spray or leave a small gobblet trail.

Saves spending out 50

Try CC,Moore carp bait supplies they sell food grade mammalian blood for making baits don't know about a dispencer though.
    Neil.

I brought some off my local horticulture supply depot a few years ago to use in a blood,fish and bone meal lawn dressing. You could look down that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunting View Post
    Hi
    Im being asked what I would like for christmas by my daughter
    The 50 dried blood in the bush wear cataloge is a little expensive
    Could yor recommend any where else for inexpensive dried blood and a dispencer
    Merry X-Mass
    header

header is the link to the web site he is charging 36 euros per container in his online store and shipping to the uk is no sweat for him.
    I have helped him on exhibition stands for the last 5 years as he was one of my teachers on my hunting course and helped me a lot but I dont do it now as I have not got the time anymore, he is as straight as a die. He is one of the best known dog handlers in germany.

Regards
    Martin

Collect blood from a carcass and place in a jar, milk container, even a plastic bag, but put a good big spoonful of salt in it first which stops it coagulating. Then you want a dabber on a long stick. This can be anything from a sponge tied on the end of a garden cane/fishing rod, to a thin tube (capilliary type) and a pump of some sort (washing up liquid bottle etc) or whatever you can easily make.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Just use an old shampoo bottle once you defrost the blood, better than throwing it out