Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Bullet heads (aaaarrrggh!)

  1. #1

    Bullet heads (aaaarrrggh!)

    What hope is left, when websites like Kranks list "BULLET HEADS",........ SURELY THEY ARE BULLETS?, heads are things that get haircuts aren't they????????......... I didn't even bother looking any further!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  2. #2
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    What hope is left, when websites like Kranks list "BULLET HEADS",........ SURELY THEY ARE BULLETS?, heads are things that get haircuts aren't they????????......... I didn't even bother looking any further!.
    New tips for used partitions??? ... I dunno.

    Maybe the clue is in the name...

  3. #3
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,035
    The confusion here lies with what people believe to be a bullet, most people i am aware of consider a bullet to be the whole thing ,they dont refer to them as cartridges as a difference to those used in a shotgun so the ordinary joe public if shown a round of ammunition believe whats in from of them is a bullet.

    If you go to buy cartridges or ammunition you will probably ask for say 270 bullets so we only have ourselves to blame.

    Thats why when I want reloading supplies i ask for bullet heads to differentiate between the full loaded rounds and the component.

  4. #4
    Finnbear i think you are letting the little head rule the big head maybe it needs a hair cut.

  5. #5
    If you go in to buy ammunition any where in Glasgow area, and ask for Bullets they will hand over a box of full loaded rounds, 5 x boxes/100.
    you have to ask for bullet heads, no big deal

    Finnbear you will have to chill out mate
    ATB
    Wullie.
    Your a long time dead, enjoy every day like it's your last!!!

  6. #6
    I think that at some time we will have to give in to the morons (sorry did I type that out loud) who cannot be bothered to speak (type) correctly

    The experts say English is a constantly developing language, with new words being added and meanings changed over the centuries.

    But sod it, at 52, and having bothered to learn the correct nomenclature, I am buggered if I am going to give up on it now. Bullets, bullets and more bullets

    ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  7. #7
    Get away weya Flytie ya just being a numptie and makeing sumet oout ah nowt. Some o the local lads ask for teeth for there baby.At 52 you broad mind and narrow waist have long changed place

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    I think that at some time we will have to give in to the morons (sorry did I type that out loud) who cannot be bothered to speak (type) correctly

    The experts say English is a constantly developing language, with new words being added and meanings changed over the centuries.

    But sod it, at 52, and having bothered to learn the correct nomenclature, I am buggered if I am going to give up on it now. Bullets, bullets and more bullets

    ft
    A quote that i keep hearing is "as long as everybody is happy" we are even talking about it
    Your a long time dead, enjoy every day like it's your last!!!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by black lab View Post
    A quote that i keep hearing is "as long as everybody is happy"
    I'm happy...
    happy to join the chorus of denunciation so rightly directed at apologists for tautologous and ugly abuse of English.

    I'd happier if I didn't have to, mind you. Or maybe I wouldn't. Who knows?

  10. #10
    I do not mind what people call them as long as they are in stock when I need them.
    My FAC refers to them as MISSILES , I just ensure that they are correctly guided missiles !

    HWH.

Similar Threads

  1. importing bullet heads from the USA
    By griffshrek in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 19-04-2011, 21:58
  2. E-Tip Bullet heads from Nosler
    By dalkur in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 19:42
  3. Barnes? (Or Non Lead Bullet Heads)
    By Sam in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 29-03-2010, 20:49
  4. .270 bullet heads
    By bogwelly in forum Reloading
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-01-2009, 23:02
  5. Sierra 223 bullet heads
    By snowstorm in forum Reloading
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 10:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •