Bullet heads (aaaarrrggh!)

finnbear270

What hope is left, when websites like Kranks list "BULLET HEADS":rolleyes:,........ SURELY THEY ARE BULLETS?, heads are things that get haircuts aren't they????????......... I didn't even bother looking any further!.

What hope is left, when websites like Kranks list "BULLET HEADS":rolleyes:,........ SURELY THEY ARE BULLETS?, heads are things that get haircuts aren't they????????......... I didn't even bother looking any further!.

New tips for used partitions??? ... I dunno.

Maybe the clue is in the name...

The confusion here lies with what people believe to be a bullet, most people i am aware of consider a bullet to be the whole thing ,they dont refer to them as cartridges as a difference to those used in a shotgun so the ordinary joe public if shown a round of ammunition believe whats in from of them is a bullet.

If you go to buy cartridges or ammunition you will probably ask for say 270 bullets so we only have ourselves to blame.

Thats why when I want reloading supplies i ask for bullet heads to differentiate between the full loaded rounds and the component.:D

Finnbear i think you are letting the little head rule the big head maybe it needs a hair cut.:rofl:

If you go in to buy ammunition any where in Glasgow area, and ask for Bullets they will hand over a box of full loaded rounds, 5 x boxes/100. :doh:
you have to ask for bullet heads, no big deal :lol:

Finnbear you will have to chill out mate :cool: :rofl:
ATB
Wullie.

I think that at some time we will have to give in to the morons (sorry did I type that out loud) who cannot be bothered to speak (type) correctly :(

The experts say English is a constantly developing language, with new words being added and meanings changed over the centuries.

But sod it, at 52, and having bothered to learn the correct nomenclature, I am buggered if I am going to give up on it now. Bullets, bullets and more bullets :banghead:

ft

Get away weya Flytie ya just being a numptie and makeing sumet oout ah nowt. Some o the local lads ask for teeth for there baby.At 52 you broad mind and narrow waist have long changed place :lol:

I think that at some time we will have to give in to the morons (sorry did I type that out loud) who cannot be bothered to speak (type) correctly :(

The experts say English is a constantly developing language, with new words being added and meanings changed over the centuries.

But sod it, at 52, and having bothered to learn the correct nomenclature, I am buggered if I am going to give up on it now. Bullets, bullets and more bullets :banghead:

ft

A quote that i keep hearing is "as long as everybody is happy" :rolleyes: :oops: we are even talking about it ;)

A quote that i keep hearing is "as long as everybody is happy"

I'm happy:)...
happy to join the chorus of denunciation so rightly directed at apologists for tautologous and ugly abuse of English.

I'd happier if I didn't have to, mind you. Or maybe I wouldn't. Who knows?

I do not mind what people call them as long as they are in stock when I need them.
My FAC refers to them as MISSILES , I just ensure that they are correctly guided missiles !

HWH.

Equally irritating are cartoons showing flying bullets, most show the loaded rimmed round winging through the air. Rgds JCS

load of crap if you ask me, if two people know what each other are talking about when they refer to a bit of kit then whats the problem? One thing that gets my goat is people who get on their high horse about referance to a gun stating that a gun is a howitser rather than anything smaller. Facts are not all guns are howitzers!!

Dave

Hmmm Kranks are in Yorkshire are they not?

That could be a big part of the problem ;) ............................................................. especially if you listen to one from Derbyshire :p or god forbid Lancashire :eek:.

Stu now you know that tightness is reserved for the English. Who t deflect from the own inadequacies seem to try and pass the buck to all other nationalities. I hear you clean your ass with the back of a stamp.

Stu now you know that tightness is reserved for the English. Who t deflect from the own inadequacies seem to try and pass the buck to all other nationalities. I hear you clean your ass with the back of a stamp.
:lol:
Non of what you say is true mate I dont use anything to wipe my but with other than Scottish heather it works wonderrs on my piles and brilliant extracting the clingons a trick I learned from your self I believe:D

devilishdave, quite right sir, but all howitsers are guns, more accurately all howitsers are rifles, even the warship 14in guns are correctly known as rifles :)

finnbear270, sorry bro, but really do need to get out more.

Back