Thread: Received this Morning

Account Suspended

Received this Morning

29 November 2010

Our Ref: FM 7/1

Dear Sir/Madam

DEER CONTROL PERMISSION AGREEMENT

Forestry Commission Scotland (FCS) has just completed a full review of its Deer Control Leasing policy and procedures. As a result of this review FCS intends implementing the following changes commencing 1 December 2010:-

1. A gradual move away from Deer Control Leases to Deer Control Permissions. This change will allow FCS to streamline the administrative process, resulting in cost savings and a more efficient service.

2. FCS will no longer hold an 'interested parties database' for potential customers, either for permissions or to become a ‘deer contract controller' (see 3 below)

3. As a result of 2 above, all Deer Control Permissions and Deer Culling Contracts will be advertised on the Forestry Commission Internet site. All documents can be readily downloaded by prospective applicants. This approach is consistent with procedures now in place for any new contracts tendered by the Forestry Commission. Details of new permissions or contracts can be found at the following web address:-http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/forestry.nsf/byunique/infd-7nrlsa

If you are interested in any Deer Control Permissions or Deer Control Contracts in the future please ensure that you visit the above web site on a regular basis, at least every 2-3 weeks.

Thank you for your previous interest in FCS Deer Control Leases and Contracts

Yours faithfully

Bruce Sewell
    Forest Management Officer

Account Suspended
    Cant see anything for stalking on it yet but I suppose they havent listed it.

A gradual move away from Deer Control Leases to Deer Control Permissions. This change will allow FCS to streamline the administrative process, resulting in cost savings and a more efficient service.
    Hmmmm. The devil is always in the detail!

Whats the betting there's more to that than just streamlining the admin process.

Time to dig out the old legal library books again me thinks.

Does this perhaps mean that there will be no continuity of ground knowledge which habitual stalkers can apply to FC grounds they have previously leased - if it comes out as a first-come, first served basis ? Or even for someone bidding the best price ?

Maybe I'm chucking stones into a still pond here and causing needless waves.

My old boss always said that proper deer management cannot be related to a cheque book. Time will reveal all I'm sure.
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.

from a discussion at the best practice day John (cant recall his second name) from the Fc said its never about the money and in all honesty i do believe what he said..

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    from a discussion at the best practice day John (cant recall his second name) from the Fc said its never about the money and in all honesty i do believe what he said..
    The Head Rangers name for South Scotland is John Cadman Frank and believe me when I tell you it is all to do with money where the F.C is concerned, thats through experience mate.

Other forest enterprises and companies in Scotland do have a different attitude but not all bepends who it is.
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 03-12-2010 at 21:36.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoman View Post
    Does this perhaps mean that there will be no continuity of ground knowledge which habitual stalkers can apply to FC grounds they have previously leased - if it comes out as a first-come, first served basis ? Or even for someone bidding the best price ?

Maybe I'm chucking stones into a still pond here and causing needless waves.

My old boss always said that proper deer management cannot be related to a cheque book. Time will reveal all I'm sure.
    From past experience ecoman I would have thought continuity rights are out of the window mate and your previous boss was smack on the nail when he said a cheque dook dosent buy proper deer management but like all busines enterprises they have to show to make as much money as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    The Head Rangers name for South Scotland is John Cadman Frank and believe me when I tell you it is all to do with money where the F.C is concerned, thats through experience mate.
    Factual update, John Cadman is Wildlife Ranger Manager for Dumfries & Borders and there are 3 others who cover from Galloway to Lowlands in the central belt.

I know one of them and price is defo secondary to getting a good tenant these days.
    "No matter how much you do.....there's always plenty more!"