Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning x bolt mounts, any recommendations?

Browning x bolt mounts, any recommendations?

Hi All,
    My new purchase will be a 30-06 Browning X Bolt, its on its way to the gun shop.
    I have decided to put a S/B 1'' 8x56 on top.
    The gun shop initially offered to throw in a pair of Nikko mounts (not sure about them) but i stated i had already been offered free warne mounts, which they agreed to.
    But my question is, what mounts do you use on yours?
    Pointless exercise in putting 'free' mounts on if they aren't going to do the job.
    Many thanks in advance
    Richard

which mounts

Richard

have an x bolt myself with an S+B 8X56 on top, warne mounts work real nice for me, no problems

The Nikko Sterling platinum mounts are very similar to the Warnes by the look of it. Probably made in the same place in China?

I brought a set of them as I wanted to plonk the Falcon CSS scope on the 6mm Rem for range use and did not want to spend a lot on mounts. I don't like the warne type personally but at under 15 a set for 30mm rings I'll suffer witht hem for a while.

For my schmidt on my a bolt eaw apel never given any problem in 20 years!

i use warne on mine with s & b

Leupold double dovetails on my X-Bolt, mediums give plenty of room for a 42 mm scope.

Neil.

Was having problems with mounts to fit on the bases that came with the rifle.
    Ended up getting a set of Leupold bases & high mounts to fit my 8x56 Swarovski on top.

john

i use a third eye tactical mounts and rail,very well made,try swillington supplies,medium height fits my zeiss diavari 3-12x56 nice and snug to barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    The Nikko Sterling platinum mounts are very similar to the Warnes by the look of it. Probably made in the same place in China?

I brought a set of them as I wanted to plonk the Falcon CSS scope on the 6mm Rem for range use and did not want to spend a lot on mounts. I don't like the warne type personally but at under 15 a set for 30mm rings I'll suffer witht hem for a while.

Warne rings and bases are manufactured in Oregon. There are almost certainly Chinese copies of the Warne pattern, made in, er, China.
    KevinF -

Quote Originally Posted by sako 75 View Post
    i use a third eye tactical mounts and rail,very well made,try swillington supplies,medium height fits my zeiss diavari 3-12x56 nice and snug to barrel.
    Hi Sako 75, do you happen to know whether the outside diameter of the objective of the 3-12x56 diavari is the same as the 6-24x56? Would you recommend the third eye mounts as they seem a quality set. Do you have a moderator on as well and do you get glare through your scope with it being close to the barrel? I'm interested as I have a "will do for now" set on at the moment and want to sort out once and for all.
    Cheers
    Timney