Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deerhunter Jackets

Deerhunter Jackets

I would appreciate any comments on the Rusky or Montana jacket's. Thinking of buying one as my current cold weather Goretex Browning is on it's last legs after 12 years!

It will primarily be worn for sitting out or lamping, not too much strenuous activity as I appreciate they will probably be too warm for that and I have other kit for the long hikes.

Thanks.

I have had my camo deerhunter montana for the 6-7 years without any problems, all in all its been a great suit and it still is.it does get warm if you do a lot of walking.I tend to use it without the fleece in it for that reason.

I have the montana suit and cant fault it, warm, comfy & waterproof
    bairn79

Can't fault the Montana! I've had mine for a fair few years now.
    And not to bad at 150 unless the price has changed from when I bought it.

Roe.

I like the Montana jackets but not the trousers, the rear press studs rip out too easily. I cannot fault the jackets though!

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

+1 for the Montana.....great jackets

Martin

The Ruski is intended for just the use you intend, I have had a jacket & full bib, since they came out, the only down side on deerhunter stuff, is some care & attention has to be made in the shoulder area........ mine started to leak in gently after two years, but this was down to wear from the rifle on shoulder, I think maybe one of the lads that post here has just purchased a new one, can't remember who it was who just bought one, but some posts on this gear in this .. New stalking outfit..
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thanks for all the replies. As there does not appear to be any real negative comments it looks like it will be a Deerhunter then.

Be aware that it is the Deer-Tex membrane that provides the waterproof barrier, not the coat itself. At least, that's what I found. Got soaked one summer afternoon thinking the coat alone would be good enough for showers. Nope! Nevertheless, when worn with the liner, both jacket and trousers will give you excellent service.

If you don't want the hassle of the detachable lining you might be better off with the Ram range.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    Be aware that it is the Deer-Tex membrane that provides the waterproof barrier, not the coat itself. At least, that's what I found. Got soaked one summer afternoon thinking the coat alone would be good enough for showers. Nope! Nevertheless, when worn with the liner, both jacket and trousers will give you excellent service.

If you don't want the hassle of the detachable lining you might be better off with the Ram range.
    Thanks for that, I have a couple of pairs of the Ram trousers. To be honest, if the rain is that heavy I would probably be in the car!