Thread: Hello from steve46

Hello from steve46

I'm sorry I missed this rule.
    I hope this makes amends for it.
    I live just outside Manchester. I shoot over about 4000 acres of land in Yorkshire, mainly vermin, e.g. woodpigeon, crows ,rabbits . I have built up a good reputation with landowners and farmers over the years which has resulted in this amount land . I don't do a lot of stalking, although I'd like to. I have the opportunity to stalk deer but don't seem to have the time to do everything. I use a Howa 243 on the rare occasions that I go.
    I like to take novices or people with less experience than me at woodpigeon shooting, for a free day out. I am fully aware of how fortunate I am to have permission over so much superb land.

Welcome aboard Steve,
    how do you get on with the Howa,they look pretty good.Do you have any other rifles and do you home load?
    Tusker

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    Welcome aboard Steve,
    how do you get on with the Howa,they look pretty good.Do you have any other rifles and do you home load?
    Tusker
    I like the Howa, it seems really well constructed,but its the only centrefire that I've used so I can't really compare it to anything . Its a stainless/synthetic one.
    Don't home load.

The home loading will improve the accuracy,but one smell of that powder and your hooked lol.Must let us know how you get on with your hunting.
    Tusker.