Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House exploded

House exploded

I have no further details but have had a phone call for my pal in Connel. Aparently my last house in connel has exploded. Very extensive damage but he has yet to get further details. No word of injuries, possible boiler blew up. Currently all taped off.
    Jim

jim

hope as you stated no one is hurt and it stays that way, has anyone done any work on the boiler mate.
    the house that blew up last month had the local council round fitting a new kitchen, as you see nothing more was said about that.

atb f

Did you do the plumbing?

Established Poster
    Not good at all...i hope like Yourself/Frank states that nobody has been hurt!

The house was sold three years ago and has been extensively extended since then. I had an oil boiler installed professionally and serviced. Need to get a copy of next weeks Oban Times,
    Jim

hint to ones self
    when buying anything from Jim pay the asking price and don't haggle lol

you know its a joke ......

Firstly, hope no one is hurt, secondly Jimbo can you forward me the receipt for the boiler work you did round mine.

sounds like it was a good job you flitted jimbo!!!

Scary stuff jimbo - I remember the old post-war houses with gas always had that gas smell in the kitchen. At least you knew it was there. Now-a-days it's hard to know if there's anything 'unfriendly' leaking about, and all it takes is a timer to switch on - - - - .

Thank goodness no one was hurt.
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by ecoman View Post
    Scary stuff jimbo - I remember the old post-war houses with gas always had that gas smell in the kitchen. At least you knew it was there. Now-a-days it's hard to know if there's anything 'unfriendly' leaking about, and all it takes is a timer to switch on - - - - .

Thank goodness no one was hurt.
    gas still has a strong smell, there is a "stenchant" added before it is distributed to ensure you can smell it. of course the problem is, in our modern draught proofed houses, the smell is quickly ignored by our noses, leading to the occasional "whoopsie" . in this case time will tell , but I am almost certain it will be down to something either badly maintained, or not maintained at all!