Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lothian deer stalkers meet

Established Poster

Lothian deer stalkers meet

Hi guys, I was wondering if any guys from the Lothians would like to meet up for a few beers mid January for some discussion, laughs and as a way to get to know each other better from the site? I know quite a few of us go out stalking with each other and within our own groups, I think it would be good to get a group together.
    If anyone is interested, drop a line in this post or IM me and we can arrange a night.
    John.

Its certainly is a good idea and i hope it gose off well if you want a celebrity speeker i can take a trip across the country

Established Poster
    Excellent an expert speaker for the evening...... more than welcome 6p.....you know of a couple of guys from this site who will be there, we have recent posts of our eh.....exploits in the freezing conditions....ahem, expert zeroing conditions ha ha.
    Cheers, John.

Aye

Well being new to the game, and this site, I would be well up for meeting a few folk from here, exactly the type of reasons I joined up for. I work offshore so timing is crucial for me , but with a bit of luck I would make it.
    Keep me posted.
    ATB

Why not expand it to a Central Scotland meet. We could convene somewhere along the M8.
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Established Poster
    Rake Aboot.... I work out the country as well my friend, I am out of here on Tuesday for one month, hence the reason I picked mid Jan, what schedule are you on, PM me if you want.
    Cheers, John.

Aye
    Hi John I will be back on or around the 5 Jan and be home for 3 weeks bud . Anytime then suits.
    ATB

Established Poster
    Rake aboot, same here, that sounds good to me.....Jan is a quiet month for everyone.....lets make a highlight somewhere in there!

Stringer, that is a fine idea, if you feel it would be worthwhile expanding to Central Belt then lets do it. It would have to be along M8 corridor as you say, this gives everyone opportunity a fair chance to meet up, i.e. not centralized across one section of stalkers.

If everyone drops a message saying approximate area you are from then we can agree a place to meet up.
    Cheers, John.
    Last edited by oilmanjd; 04-12-2010 at 23:41.

Quote Originally Posted by oilmanjd View Post
    Hi guys, I was wondering if any guys from the Lothians would like to meet up for a few beers mid January for some discussion, laughs and as a way to get to know each other better from the site? I know quite a few of us go out stalking with each other and within our own groups, I think it would be good to get a group together.
    If anyone is interested, drop a line in this post or IM me and we can arrange a night.
    John.
    Seems to be going ok Jd, good idea to make it open to the central region also.
    if anyone has a central location for us all in mind please mention it.
    Again i will mention the fairways at bathgate as its very easy to get to off the motorway.
    once numbers are confirmed by John we will trawl for a guest or two.
    let Jd know if anyone springs to mind.
    would like to keep it as informal as possible but if anyone has ideas of what to do just pipe up.

look forward to meeting you all.

frank

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Its certainly is a good idea and i hope it gose off well if you want a celebrity speeker i can take a trip across the country
    who ya bringing with you