Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gold & more gold !

gold & more gold !

Is it still fetching a premium, & if so, is this a good buy ? Im looking to treat her indoors for Christ'mas. (she kept the place spotless & put up with me hunting antics after all )

Item number: 110618176627

Well the number looks good

atb

Steve

mr you

if you have that kinda cash to lay out mate on white gold then well done.
    i would stick to the high street dealers and haggle them on their prices.
    buyers are a premium now so good deals can be had and its safer
    thats a nice bracelet but lots of cash

atb and merry xmas

Gold is exceedingly high at the moment. Back in 2006/7 it was fetching 300-330 an ounce to buy from a dealer. Its now trading bullion at just shy of 900 so I suspect a kruger would fetch around 930 or there abouts. The gold content of that bracelet is about 800 at bullion as its 38g and 75% pure so 28.5g of gold. Jewellery is not an effective way to invest in gold as you have to pay for the craftsman ship involved unless you are buying it at scrap which clearly you aren't at that price. Its not a bad Idea as it has an intrinsic value within it but you are paying a 500 premium over the gold content. I struggle to see gold decreasing in price as it simply hasn't for so long although I would love for it to crash so I can invest again. Just don't believe what jewellers tell you about the cost of gold when buying from them as in the scheme of things it means bugger all and this is coming from someone who used to work in one. Sorry for the lack of fluency and coherence in this post just a bit tired Long and short of it no its not a stupid choice.

George

If you do buy the item then go through an intermediary...........

Using Escrow Services

Martin

Daughter weighed some 9ct odds and sods earings just this week and got 7 per gram.

Quote Originally Posted by callie View Post
    Daughter weighed some 9ct odds and sods earings just this week and got 7 per gram.
    I think they seen her coming mate,it is nearer 11.00 per gram

Troy ounces are 31.1 Grams .not a good time to buy gold sell it yes .

Buy her a Rolex you'll always get your cash back if things get bad .

Today's price scrap gold between 10.50 and 11.00.Per gram 9 ct
    Last edited by widows son; 07-12-2010 at 22:19.

Rem if you know a dealer thats paying 11 let me know and I'll come and weigh some in, the 11 is bullion price I believe and not scrap price.

Quote Originally Posted by callie View Post
    Rem if you know a dealer thats paying 11 let me know and I'll come and weigh some in, the 11 is bullion price I believe and not scrap price.
    http://www.lois-jewellery.com/?gclid...Fcse4Qod0z3Uzw

Here's your current prices .These are not the best in the UK by far they are very competitive all the same .
    I've been dabbling buying and selling gold and Rolex watches for years. win some loose some.

Always hunt about for the best prices on the day your selling the market goes up and down like a dog leg .