Moving to Germany with the Army!

bartzkingx

Good Morning,

I am to be commissioned into the British Army on 17 December and my first posting is Germany. I move there on 4 Jan 11 and I hope to gain my German firearms licence whilst there...

But I have no idea where to start?! And I don't know how the process works or if I'm even allowed to get on?!

ANY help would be very much appreciated because I wish to take full advantage of the hunting opportunities in Germany!

Kind Regards,

BartzKingX

Moving to Germany

Hi,
It is possible to do the easier to pass as it is written in English German Jagdschein only available through the British army of the rheine if that is still the name they use. I have a pal here who did it. After passing the exams the Jagdschein issued has the same validity as the much harder to pass German version now you can buy all long guns without asking for variations plus two handguns need A SAFE AT HOME THOUGH. then I should think there will be enough connections from the tutors on going hunting in German state forests as everbody wants help against the wild boar damage here.
Waidmannsheil
Martin

When you get over there have a chat with a few guys in the mess I am sure one or two will be doing it out there and should be able to give you a few pointers in how to get involved out there.

Dave

Flyboy 270 recently stayed over with the guy who takes all the American service personnel for their Jagdschein, if you pm'ed him you should get a few pointers.

Its the B.A.G.S.A. you need to look up, thats the British Army Game Shooting Association. I used to teach on the coarse along with a chat called Wesley Henn.
As long as you have a british Licence you are able to do a short coarse 2-3 weekends and then take the Jagshine test.
All the very best in Germany I'm sure that you will love it.

Thanks for all the advice, really appreciate it! Can't wait to get over there and take advantage of the different hunting challenges!

Before you go over to Germany, get in touch with the Secretary of the British Services Game Shooting association. He can tell you exactly what to do with you firearms and register you for a course. To export your firearms you will need to get a European Firearms Certificate before you travel.

Back