Thread: Fur/Wool lined leather boots ( Meindl/Crispi/Völkl)

Fur/Wool lined leather boots ( Meindl/Crispi/Völkl)

Who has experience with heavy leather winter boots such as Meindl Kiruna, Crispi Finnland, Völkl Panda Polar? These boots are lined with lambswool, etc.... All to give maximum protection against cold. I want them to stand still for hours outside every day. I do own PAC boots from Sorel,model Caribou, but they are not up to what I ask from them.

Lundhags with the felt insoles, as used by the Royal Marines in Norway. Or they used to be, I am out of touch these days! "With so many things", the wife said as she read this over my shoulder

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Flytie, I'm sure that Mrs Flytie and my Mrs are twins, I wouldn't change her tho', I daren't!!!!!!...callie

Hales Smut,

Why would you want to stand "still" outside for hours in the extreme cold?

Surely a requirement to move your feet?

Wool is good so long as you don't impact it. Great for sitting around and waving your legs/wriggling toes etc. Great for stalking into a high seat and then watching icicles be born.

Stan

I had a pair of heavey leather and sheepskin boots in the early '90s when I got my first stalking job, can't remember the make but they came from Roger Saunders/jagersport. They were very good and really warm. I remember that they cost about a months salary though! They were built to last a lifetime, I gave them away several years ago as I wasn't really getting the use out of them but they were still perfectly good despite hard use. In cold weather I now wear Lundhags that are too large with two or three pairs of socks but I wouldn't say that they were ideal. JC

Quote Originally Posted by callie View Post
    Flytie, I'm sure that Mrs Flytie and my Mrs are twins, I wouldn't change her tho', I daren't!!!!!!...callie
    callie, that's a frightening thought

Hales, These are what fit in the Lundhagshttp ://www.penrithsurvival.com/penrith_survival/mia/d/moulded+felt+insole+lundhags/pid/2223645, they do work in the arctic!
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Thanks for the answers. I don't need the boots for stalking, but I would certainly use them for highseatwork if I would have them. I have a newspaperkiosk in a tunnel under a railwaystation. In there, it always is one season colder than outside. It's open on both front end end + 18 open stairways on the sides = always wind. I am on a spot from 1 feet by 2 feet for about 4 hours every morning. ( 4.30am till 8.30am) The worst moment of the day. But it's a "hot" spot. So you probably understand why I want warm boots.

Don't know if these are any good but would these be the sort of things you are after?

http://www.celtic-sheepskin.co.uk/la...oogleBaseFeed1

George

Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    Thanks for the answers. I don't need the boots for stalking, but I would certainly use them for highseatwork if I would have them. I have a newspaperkiosk in a tunnel under a railwaystation. In there, it always is one season colder than outside. It's open on both front end end + 18 open stairways on the sides = always wind. I am on a spot from 1 feet by 2 feet for about 4 hours every morning. ( 4.30am till 8.30am) The worst moment of the day. But it's a "hot" spot. So you probably understand why I want warm boots.
    Have you tried standing on a polystryrene box lid or something similar? I used to do this when I was spending happy ours at a plucking machine! keeps your feet warmer but doesn't make the plucking any more fun. JC

I use Sorel Caribou PAC boots and stand on a 2 inch wall isolation plate. Those green plates used by bricklayers as isolation in houses.