Thread: Sako 85 to buy new, any RFD's

Sako 85 to buy new, any RFD's

I am going to buy a new sako 85 and wondered if there are any RFD's on here who could quote me a price. I am looking for a right handed stock, .243 in either the hunter stainless, laminated stainless or the synthetic stainless. I am also after a set of 30mm scope mounts for it and a compact predator 8 mod. I have asked a few shops but wanted to offer the business on here to any members.

Cheers

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    By all accounts the Sako 75 are better-

Mullbikers Sako 75 .243

Worth a thought and you'll save some cash too!!

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Thats just a matter of opinion. and id like to shoot a second hand rifle before i buy it. i have already spoken to mullbiker and the isle of mull is a long long way away.

I have a 85 and my mate a 75 - there isn't a lot of difference between them. I don't know why some say the 75 is better, perhaps it's because the 75 would be older stock in the shop and thus slightly cheaper to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I have a 85 and my mate a 75 - there isn't a lot of difference between them. I don't know why some say the 75 is better, perhaps it's because the 75 would be older stock in the shop and thus slightly cheaper to buy.
    I agree, I've got 2x85s and 1x75 and there is nothing to chose between them. I would take a chance on a 2nd hand Sako as long as the price was right and you felt that you could trust the seller. There are very few rifles that actually get 'shot out' despite what the new breed of farm shed riflesmiths will have you believe. JC

Hi Skinny
    Did you not get my email to you yesterday !

Regards
    Steve

Yeh i did thanks for that steve, been real busy at uni today. Il try and give them a call this week. Do you know how they deal with sending guns via RFD, as they are quite a way away.