bambi on ice

SussexFallow

Page 21 of the sun today has a nice pic of a young "fallow" trapped on ice . Don't worry guys it had been rescued and is at the vets to recover . Expected to be released back into the wild ready for culling!!
Atb Steve

Last edited:
I dont buy newspapers, but on local Meridian TV the other night they reported a deer trapped on a frozen pond which was rescued and released. Wondered if this was the same report??

The TV presenter said it was a Fallow deer, funny looked more like a Roe doe to me :D:rolleyes:

Last winter my park red deer were regularly walking about on the ice on the lake but only one yearling fallow doe went out then stood there in the middle panicing. After trying to come up with a solution to get her back, I ended up shooting her then turning my dinghy into an icebreaker to recover her. Funny how the reds seemed to deal with it better. JC

Yep, definately a Roe doe, i`m looking at it in the paper now at work. Funny how irritating it gets when the media get such a simple thing wrong, i mean, how difficult can it be to look up what species of deer it is.:-|

Anyway back to graft for me. :D

wadas

Back