Just a bit of fun...GWP pup.

Cut+Squirt

Hi everyone,

Just a bit of light hearted fun to get us through the winter.

I take delivery of my new edition to the family on Boxing Day.........a German Wire Hair Pointer pup. {Little Bitch}

So go on what names do you all suggest?

My Mrs and I can't agree on anything suitable.

I'm sure we would all like to hear any funny / commical GWP stories also.

Over to you.

Regards,

CADEX

PIP If I have another bitch it will be PIP
Should say my spaniel is called Purdey

Last edited:
My dog is called "Bolt", the kids think it's from the cartoon, but I know different.

I like "Trigger" also, or "Trigg" as it would probably end up, my wife likes that name too.

TJ

Once you get her home she will probably name herself.

I have a ten month old bitch called Rue and she is a wonderfull little hellion but vey smart with it. I hope my seven year old gwp Max will cover her when old enough so I can have one of his offspring, hopefully. If Rue turns out half as good as Max on deer I wont be dissapointed.

Good luck with your new addition when she comes home:)

ATB

Max

Hi Cadex,
My Old Pointer sisters were called Heidi and Helga who are both sadly hunting in the next life. The New recruits are called Abba (16 months) and Lotte ( Lotte arrives 18th Dec). The Old Boys were Ki who is no longer with us and Hans who is still going at 12 1/2.

I always Reckon a Germanic Name is good luck for a Pointer.

Good luck Dalkur

this is a good idea

hi mate

i like Macy, As in Macy Gray:cool:

My two (Bitch n Dog) are called Willow and Shadow but only answer to Girl and Boyl ha ha
That's cos from day one i call them boy here girl here.:doh:.

all the best mate with the name

I had a ESS called twee as she was the runt of the litter and was like a 5 month old pup for her whole life.. Miss that dog..

My mate had a GWP called KLAUSE but the dog in my opinion should have been called storm because it would just storm in and out with out fear. I wish you are the fun that comes with a new dog make sure your the boss.;)

Our first cocker was the Archattan Alcamist, shortened to ALKI. For woodland hunting, how about Ova or Timber:D

How about Flo, Reg Smythe and Andy Capp would love that, a short name that really can't be shortened unless you call her Effy, which is longer but sounds shorter !?!

But there again, yule tide and all that, you could call her Mistle which then could become Missy or Misty, or maybe Holly, but I'd put £1 on it you've already considered that one.

Both my Labs Oz and Angus are called Burt, a friend calls all his dogs (both bitches and dogs) Dave. He only has one at a time.

My friends that have large dog teams (12 dogs ) and large dog 'yards' (30) name their litters after specific subjects. They do this so they can easily remember what year the dog was born. For example, one year, a fellow that worked for me (and ran the Iditarod), named his litter with sonar-related names, like "Echo" and "Ping", and "DB", etc. I'm sure you won't have that problem. I used to name my labs after mythological characters - Ajax and Mercury for example. All my recent dogs my children name and they have chosen good ones. For a GWP, how about 'Curly'?

Paul

Back