Thread: ruger ring and 1"tube S&B

ruger ring and 1"tube S&B

evening all ,

now my fac has finally returned from variation so i can now go collect my ruger 270 up .

the rifle comes with ruger 25mm rings and i have a 1" tube 8x56 schmidt going up top so my question is will it fit properly ?

from what ive been told schmidt bender 1" tube scopes are actually 26mm , so will i need to have the rings reamed when i have the rifle screw cut ?

advice greatly appreciated !

cheers lee
    Last edited by leec6.5; 07-12-2010 at 17:36.

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

lee

I bought a number of Rugers new and they all came with 25.4 mm (1 inch) mounts so I would suggest measuring the scope that you have. When my Dad wanted to put his Zeiss scope on my Ruger .25-06, I tracked down and got a set of 26mm mounts posted to him. I am sure someone has a set of Ruger rings already sized to 26mm gathering dust somewhere if you really need a set. I don't know where mine went, probably back to the Sportsman in Devon. The Sportsman would be worth a call if no-one on here has any to hand.

Good luck. JCS

lee, S&B used to make scopes with 26mm tubes as did most of the european manufacturers but for some years now they have settled on 1" (25.4mm) tubes. Unless you have an older scope it is more likely to be a 1" tube. If by a remote chance it is 26mm mounts that you require then have a look at either the Leupold website or the Ruger site.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    lee, S&B used to make scopes with 26mm tubes as did most of the european manufacturers but for some years now they have settled on 1" (25.4mm) tubes. Unless you have an older scope it is more likely to be a 1" tube. If by a remote chance it is 26mm mounts that you require then have a look at either the Leupold website or the Ruger site.
    the scope is only 2 yrs old , so thats a bonus !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.