Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quad Bike Snow Plough

Quad Bike Snow Plough

Hi Guys
    Anybody any experience of snow plough attachment for quad bike? I don't want to buy if they are useless.

seen one on a 420 honda in tescos bathgate yesterday mate.
    seemed to be ok to be honest.
    never actually used one
    what i will say is if you had a use for it and could afford it as not cheap it did work well.

hope it helps frank

ps if you want i will go tomorrow and get a picture for you mate and let you see it.

Much used here in Sweden. Not heard anything bad about them.

If the snow is deep at all Quad bikes are absolutely useless. The snow packs up under the plate that protects the engine resulting in the front end lifting and loosing traction.

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    seen one on a 420 honda in tescos bathgate yesterday mate.
    seemed to be ok to be honest.
    never actually used one
    what i will say is if you had a use for it and could afford it as not cheap it did work well.

hope it helps frank

ps if you want i will go tomorrow and get a picture for you mate and let you see it.
    Cheers Frank. The local council was using one last week for the pavements before the snow got too deep, the driver did not seem to rate it to highly (but he is a council worker) I have priced them at 600 plus VAT but if it helps keep the business open it would be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    If the snow is deep at all Quad bikes are absolutely useless. The snow packs up under the plate that protects the engine resulting in the front end lifting and loosing traction.
    Here's my mates quad in "Snow" mode.

These tracks are a massive benefit when it gets difficult on the hill etc, gets to the places normal tyres won't

He does love his gadgets...

Rb

Is he American
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Boy in the village has one on his Honda Foreman and has been using it all week. The snow is at least 18inches deep here and temp last night was -18oC. Watched it in action - seems a good-un. I particularly liked the fact that it was small and manouverable enough to clear the paths too.

I also noted that he'd fitted snow chains to his wheels. Now those really seemed to make a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Is he American
    . Just needs a passport and accent Dan

Gazza is spot on... my mate is using his winch a dozen times a day just to get to his feeders.... the snow here is 2' deep and the quad just bellies out... Argo all the way.