WARNING - Stolen Swarovski Items

finnbear270

It might pay to ask potential sellers for the serial number of the item for sale, as the possibillity of some stolen stuff will hit the second hand market soon.:-|

Binoculars:
EL 10X42 SWAROVISION Serial Number K801012306
EL 8,5X42 SWAROVISION Serial Number K800610467
EL 10X42 Serial Number L740587709
EL 10X42 Serial Number L692505171
EL 8,5X42 Serial Number L703817750
EL 10X42 Serial Number L723353129

Riflescope:
AV 4-12X50 4A Serial Number M764220605

Updated today,

Edit:

Dear Mr. *************

Thank you for your kind offer to list our stolen items

The units that were stolen were:

Binoculars:
EL 10X42 SWAROVISION Serial Number K801012306
EL 8,5X42 SWAROVISION Serial Number K800610467
EL 10X42 Serial Number L740587709
EL 10X42 Serial Number L692505171
EL 8,5X42 Serial Number L703817750
EL 10X42 Serial Number L723353129

Riflescope:
AV 4-12X50 4A Serial Number M764220605

Best Regards
Debbie

SWAROVSKI UK Ltd
Debbie Eagle
Customer Service & Sales Administrator
Optiks
Perrywood Business Park, Honeycrock Lane
Salfords, Surrey, RH1 5JQ, UK

Last edited by a moderator:
I did mention to Debbie that it might be a good way to go, if she would disseminate to us the list of serial numbers & type of equipment, ie, bino's or scope, etc.

ahhhh.....

would that invalidate the lifetime warranty.

;)

edited to add: hope your scope wasnt part of it!!

Before I sticky this are there any more details? Seems a bit vague at the moment.... :-|

Alex, I had a scope in with them for repair, to cut to the chase, Debbie told me this morning that they had been broken into, & a quantity of stuff ready to go back to the owners had vanished, I am to be receiving a much higher value scope as a replacement because mine is no longer in the lineup of products,. Steve.

Ah ok, fair play to them for upgrading you!

I can put an announcement to cover the whole classifieds section but how will anyone be able to check if it's stolen or not? Do they have the serial numbers?

Alex

In the meantime................ STOLEN PROPERTY, Swaro Habicht A, 4-12 x 50 riflescope, SERIAL NUMBER . M 764220605, this scope will stand out like a sore thumb, because it has a NON STANDARD reticle, it has been fitted with a TDS 4, in place of the original, if you are offered this scope or see it on e blag, please inform me or the police.

Stickied.

Might be an idea to edit your original post with those details....

Alex

In view of this post, can I just say all 3 of my Swarovski scopes I ahve up for sale, are completely mine!

Soory to hear about your stolen scope.

I'm very sure any regular members / posters on here, would not be of the ilk that are responsible, more of a heads up when dealing with possible new types having stuff for sale, & the E blag outlet, these items will surface without doubt, I am a very patient type of guy!;)

In the meantime................ STOLEN PROPERTY, Swaro Habicht A, 4-12 x 50 riflescope, SERIAL NUMBER . M 764220605, this scope will stand out like a sore thumb, because it has a NON STANDARD reticle, it has been fitted with a TDS 4, in place of the original, if you are offered this scope or see it on e blag, please inform me or the police.

Sorry to hear about the 'scope being stolen - but glad the excellent Swaro customer service kicked in yet again.

However, I have a Swaro Habicht A, 4-12 x 50 with TDS 4 (bought a few years ago in the US) and I can't believe there are just the two so should one appear on eBlag etc then it won't necessarily be yours?

Posting the serial number was a good idea.

Eyefor, you surprise me bud!, Swaro themselves seemed to find a little difficulty in what would or would not be able to be retro fitted, & unaware of a TD Smith ret in this model, Steve.

I have 3 TDSi Scopes and they ain't anything special if you shoot to 300y... Just a gimmick unless you are a long distance paper puncher or a sniper.

Ballistic compensation, or "ranging" reticles have their place in parts of the shooting community, as they can be matched to particular loads in particular calibres, thereby obviating the need for all that turret twiddling...............:D, Steve.

Or as in my theory... one scope for each rifle. I went down the detachable scope mount way 10 years ago. What a fiddle. Bolt it on and zero it and forget it? The windage and elevation scale in the TDS is useful but i only use it to 300-400 so it is seldom needed.

Anyways, back to the thread ........... Stolen gear!,....... I'm hoping to tempt Debbie at Swaro's to let us have the serial numbers & type of equipment that has gone missing.

Back