Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: over the boundary

over the boundary

i was wondering how you would stand if you shoot a doe on your bit of ground, and its youngster runs over your boundary and stands? This happened the other day, i had a guest out and we saw a lone doe (so we thought) so i told him to shoot. at that point a youngster got up out of cover and took off over our boundary stood and just looked at us. i told him to leave it. but i now have my work cut out to get it. so where do you stand?

I know if a wounded deer crosses you are not legally entitled to persuade or if it runs and drops there the deer belongs to that land owner it. So, I would imagine its a case of tough luck as if you were able to shoot it it would make poaching very hard to identify or find someone guilty of for a start but like i said I dont know but thats without morals involved.

George
    Last edited by groach1234; 09-12-2010 at 19:39. Reason: spelling mistakes

Hi,

will be the first to put my neck on the chopping board mate.
    The rights to shoot that youngster are not yours therefore you cant. Simple answer as to the letter of the law.
    what you could also do though is look at the welfare side of life. in your opinion would the deer survive without mummy, if its a yes let it be if no then you have a duty to shoot it.
    its always good to know your neighbour and if that was the case you could call and explain after the deed is done. i would assume in this case you dont.
    I would also now agree that you do have a bit of a job ahead of you to find the youngster and dispatch him.

atb frank
    Last edited by centralbeltstalker; 09-12-2010 at 19:42. Reason: spelling

You can track and recover a shot beast that jumps the boundary and you can dispatch a wounded animal but under no circumstance can you shoot over the fence onto someone elses land.
    This highlights the reason for waiting a few minutes before shooting a doe... to check that she's not nursing
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Lets just put this right before it gets any further..

You cannot shoot any deer that is not on your ground! end of!
    You cannot retrieve that deer if it runs off your ground without permission!
    You definitely cannot despatch that deer without permission!Becuase if its not on your land it does not belong to you!
    You cannot enter that ground with a firearm to retrieve any wounded deer.

As CBS says it pay to know your neighbour.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Lets just put this right before it gets any further..

You cannot shoot any deer that is not on your ground! end of!
    You cannot retrieve that deer if it runs off your ground without permission!
    You definitely cannot despatch that deer without permission!Becuase if its not on your land it does not belong to you!
    You cannot enter that ground with a firearm to retrieve any wounded deer.

As CBS says it pay to know your neighbour.
    You are thinking here only about England, I hope.

Because, if you think these ideas are fact in Scotland you are entirely wrong.

Account Suspended
    All of them

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Tamus,
    which ones are wrong then?
    Re: Scotland...All of them, that's what "entirely" means...

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    All of them
    Hi Stu, will you post the Learned David Hingston's (Procurator fiscal retired) graciously donated opinion, or shall I?