Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NV under 100?????

Red face NV under 100?????

Just in case there are any bunny bashers out there, Waffen cheap cheap (AKA Lidl) have a NV monocular available from Thursday for 99.99. Not a clue if it will be worth it but if it's not good enough for the field it may be of use for stalking celebrities. Thinking of donning my shell-suit for a trip then googling Megan Fox ad I type*

LIDL

The B/W display really makes deer etc stand out as a dark image against the lighter grey of a pasture background. Under full moon conditions, I have used this unit for counting fallow at 1200m.

The display is quite bright and tends to ruin your night vision - accordingly, try and use your non 'shooting' eye for scanning.

Rember that you need to first focus the objective, then ensure the ocular lens is perfectly adjusted. Once set up, the picture is surprisingly sharp.

99 - Yep, worth having at that price!

Rgds

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post

The display is quite bright and tends to ruin your night vision - accordingly, try and use your non 'shooting' eye for scanning.
    i have one that i had hooked up to a scope with a home made dayscope adaptor. the image was fine but i found lamping quicker. i bought a 1x lens to do this.

that's a good tip ian, will try it next time i am out.

Welsh Guy, looks to be OK, 5 year warranty,I've just spent 80+ postage for an IR emitter for NVRS, if it's as good as says it'll save waving boom stick and NVRS around like a whirling dervish at nightime. Mrs is picking one up to-morrow, early chrimble prezzy for moi !!!

I had a slightly better Gen 1 monocular(more powerful IR) for a while (Cobra Nemesis, around 200) was good to around 60 - 70 yards in pitch black for Rabbits and Fox. So I imagine on deer in better lighting conditions it would have been much better. So the LIDL/ALDI models are well worth a try for the money, can soon sell them on if not (Airgun use - Airgun BBS etc). Now got Yukon Ranger (Close to Gen 2) - Pitch black on a clear night with minimal humidity/moisture on the air I can see a fox clearly at 150 yards+ and pick out eyes to 300 yards easily. You get what you pay for with NV same as you do with scopes.

Yukon video

Last edited by 204 Ruger; 09-12-2010 at 21:44.

Stevie. Got an ATN Aries, IR supposedly 450mW, more like 45.0, hoping that Yukon IR improves viewing distance so that I can use NVRS on rimmy for rabbits....callie

Quote Originally Posted by callie View Post
    Stevie. Got an ATN Aries, IR supposedly 450mW, more like 45.0, hoping that Yukon IR improves viewing distance so that I can use NVRS on rimmy for rabbits....callie
    Should do the business for bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post

Ian
    Thanks for the advice, will keep an eye out for one of those Pirate Eye Patches in my cracker this crimbo as well

I think Lidl are selling the Bressler night vision
    • Ideal for camping, hiking, fishing or sailing
    • Digital image via CCD chip for flawless image quality, resolution (pixels): 580 x 500
    • Magnification: 5x
    • With integrated infrared light for use in total darkness
    • Objective lens (mm): 50
    • Field of vision at 100m (m): 6.6
    • Diopter adjustment
    • Fully coated lenses
    • Close range from (m): 1
    • Max. observing distance approx (m): 140
    • Lightweight plastic-coated body, weight (g): 365
    • Video-out socket for connecting to external recording devices
    • Built-in tripod mount
    • Includes storage bag, wrist strap, cleaning cloth and batteries
    • Size approx. (cm): 5.8 x 8 x 17
    • 5 year manufacturer’s warranty

My mate got one of these from lidl this time last year, and i have to say its a lot better than i thought it would be. Shot a lot of foxs otherwise would not of seen without it. The 5*zoom is a big plus for spotting with. I have been out on a light night with ambient light from stars or a near by housing estate and you could spot a fox at 300 plus yards. Really are worth the money, miles better that the so called gen1's.