Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fc leases as per web site.

fc leases as per web site.

is it necessary for everyone to have level2?

i would be interested in some of these!

Tenders Scotland

DEER CONTROL PERMISSION AGREEMENTS

Forestry Commission Scotland invites tenders for the rights to shoot deer within 20 areas of the National Forest Estate land in the South Scotland
    region.
    This is an opportunity for individuals/groups/organisations to rent the deer control shooting rights on various areas of land managed by Forestry Commission Scotland for the purpose of controlling the deer populations.

Guide price for each area is contained within the individual areas
    lakelander and heym rifles.

If you dont have level 2 you have to be accompanied by another syndicate member who has it, ive looked at all the tenders on the site, mainly roe and the guide prices to cull figures works out at about 100 + vat per deer .

ok.
    lakelander and heym rifles.

Wow, 100 per deer. Sounds like a real bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by 1995rs View Post
    Wow, 100 per deer. Sounds like a real bargain.
    120 with vat come the new year.

George

I tend to agree, 100 + per beast is a lot of money............And thats calculated at the guide price.
    The chances being most of them will go for much more as well.

Not for me !!!

I'll happily shoot their deer to protect their trees if they are paying 100 per beast, in fact I'll do it for 60...

Or am I not grasping the concept

leases

hi the last lease i was involved in you had to have level one and had to be accompanied by someone with level 2 and complete level 2 within a year also you cannot take guests or paying clients onto lease .if you take paying clients i believe they double the cost of the lease

atb tom

I take it anyone interested has seen that the terms of the lease now allow FC rangers to stalk concurrently. I think this is a change and I would not be prepared to stump up 120 per deer and then see some of these deer hoovered up by people being paid per deer killed.........

Quote Originally Posted by Jinga View Post
    I take it anyone interested has seen that the terms of the lease now allow FC rangers to stalk concurrently. I think this is a change and I would not be prepared to stump up 120 per deer and then see some of these deer hoovered up by people being paid per deer killed.........

The concurrent clause has always been in the leases so no change there. That option will NOT be implemented unless cull progress is well behind or high damage to vulnerable crops is happening, even then it is VERY clear that FC will NOT invoke concurrent rights without significant discussions with tenant before hand. IF you have any doubt about that fact then speak to the local Wildlife Ranger Manager to put your mind at rest before putting in for the land.
    I know several lads who have leases and sounds like the new permission is aimed at streamlining the process or at least get them up and running a bit sharper.
    One of the FC guys at the recent Best Practice event explained that pricing criteria is less than 10% of the initial scoring criteria, so if this is true then it's more to do with the organisation of the paperwork supplied.
    "No matter how much you do.....there's always plenty more!"