Thread: Binoculars

Binoculars

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased some Swarovski bin's, EL 10x42, what sort of price should I have expected to pay for them? I am trying to figure out how good a day it's been for me with regards to items bought for cash parted with

This is them

Thanks

TotalNovice

Nice binos mag a bit high but they will last you a life time .

It's always fatal to start asking whether it's a good deal AFTER you've bought them. No good can come of it, there will always be someone who got them cheaper, with freebies, blah blah blah

If you are happy with them (and you should be, they are good binos) and the price at the time you bought them then that is all that counts!

regarding the magnification, I use Leica 10x and sometimes (rarely) wish I'd gone for 8x but only in a woodland setting where a bit more field of view to spot something moving would be handy. Most of the time I'm glad of the extra mag when I can confidently ID a deer that bit further. It's easy to compensate for a little too much mag but much harder to compensate for too little in my opinion.

Alex

Regardless of price deals etc.. afore mentioned by CSL. They're for life. They'll serve you well for ever!

DC

If you get them for any less than a grand you got a bargain they are normall 1500 ish and i must say they look brand new in the picture.
    Last edited by 6pointer; 10-12-2010 at 22:47.

Thanks for the replies.

csl, I think I will be ok with the 10x as a novice I will consider ita learning curve if I regret buying them. That said, I doubt very much I will regret it.

6pointer, if any less than a grand is a bargain then today has been a fantastic day for me!

Should you regret buying them i dont think you will lose anything if you move them on. Finding a pair another pair at less than grand will be another matter.
    Enjoy them.

rem

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I have the same Bins, I do like them, had them for 3 years now and had them fully repaired since then (Little accident, won't go into details) I do find though, free hand after a stalk into position or after a climb that they are a bit shakey, but absolutley fantastic to look through. If you paid less than you can find them on the net for then every one is a winner

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by remington65 View Post
    Should you regret buying them i dont think you will lose anything if you move them on. Finding a pair another pair at less than grand will be another matter.
    Enjoy them.

rem

I used them today out a after a munty, I never saw one but my mate did, an old buck.

The bino's are fantastic!

I reckon I spent more time admiring them than looking through them

I will not be parting with them, they are superb.

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    I have the same Bins, I do like them, had them for 3 years now and had them fully repaired since then (Little accident, won't go into details) I do find though, free hand after a stalk into position or after a climb that they are a bit shakey, but absolutley fantastic to look through. If you paid less than you can find them on the net for then every one is a winner

TJ
    I can't find any on the net for anywhere near the price I paid tartinjock. The quality of these optics is superb, as I have said in the above post, I will not be parting with these