Cold weather shooting ban in Scotland

geordieh

Hi all
To all you lads in Scotland i am supposed to be shooting the geese round Dumfriess on 17/18 december what chance do you think i have of the ban being lifted
Geordie

Looking at the forecast for this week in Scotland it looks likely that the ban will be reviewed and lifted after 7 days.

I always believed it was 14 days of minus then a ban followed by 14 days of plus temperatures before being lifted? Getting a bit fed up with goose dinners anyway...

The ban is reviewed after 7 days. Although given it is (as someone described her to me) Mrs Cunningham with a T chances are minimal!!

Fingers crossed though. Not clear though if the ban is lifted we go back to day 1 of cold weather in terms of another ban is the weather gets cold again?

how does a ban affect tame / released duck on a shoot as they are feed daily and although there pond is frozen they are on a river and not lossing condition or suffering in any way

Swatty the Suspension (Ban) is on shooting Wildfowl, Ducks, Geese and Waders, no matter where.

Brian

(sorry this a short reply, I'm on the iPhone )

i knew it was but it seems strange as commercially reared ducks wont or should not suffer although our duck numbers on the river have rissen a lot since the hard weather with alot of wild duck coming in for the feed

The ban is on ALL duck wildfowl/waderrs. No exceptions (Well apart fom domestic fowl)

How can u tell if the duck ur shooting is released or wild.
Even if u could tell ther difference a lot of harm is done by simply moving the wild birds off unfrozen ponds/rivers (even by distubance dog walking etc) where there is feed as there using up energy. Some of the ducks and geese and esp woodcock are in pretty poor nick the now.

Back