Thread: Marrinated venison. Suggestions.

Marrinated venison. Suggestions.

I` d like some suggestions as to what i can marinate some venison in for a bbq. I`m going to put some in some red wine but my daughter in law wants to try something else. Very little or no garlic. (i can`t stand the stuff)
    Thanks, basil.

just dump it in a ton of chicken tikka masala.

wooot instant venison curry

actually why not at all!!!?????

im thinking buy a jar of asda curry and instead of using chicken just chop up a loin or a steak into cubes.

food is so sodding expensive these days especially meat , dairy and wheat products.

i must get out of the habit of only cooking venison for special occasions and incorperate venison in every-day normal meals.

i think a venison would probably do best in a curry which uses red wine, tomatoes, like vindaloo, jalfrezi
    fajitas, the list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by Xim

im thinking buy a jar of asda curry and instead of using chicken just chop up a loin or a steak into cubes.
    how could you the loin cut into chops is as beautifull as it gets, for me its my favourite
    as for cutting a steak into chunks well the steak could be cooked in a belgium beer recipe for any night of the week

i use all the off cuts ,neck meat ,sometimes a shoulder is also cut into chunks for curries and stirfry, and mince a bit of it aswell
    but which ever way you do it enjoy

Venison

I have a cracking recipie for Marinaide and it is dead easy to make

5 Tb Sp Tommato sauce
    5 Tb Sp Orrange juice
    3 Tb Sp Worcester sauce
    1 Tea Sp Tabasco (adjust whether or not you like it hot
    75g Dark Muskavado sugar
    Salt and pepper

Mix it up until smoothe then put the meat in a sealable bag and pur the marinade in and ensure it covers the meat completely.

Dave

Salt, pepper, herbs (maybe), soya sauce, plenty dijon mustard, plenty honey. tabasco and fine chopped onions. I also use garlic, but not important.
    marinate for minimum one hour at room temp.

edi

If i chop up or slice some venison, I get a freezer bag and basicly open the spice/sauce cupboard and just add some of this that and the next. Nothing written down just experiment.
    Then give it a good mix into the fridge then flash fry in a wok and add it along with some lettuce to a pitta bread.
    Also works well with pigeon, Rabbit, Phesant etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sako.243
    If i chop up or slice some venison, I get a freezer bag and basicly open the spice/sauce cupboard and just add some of this that and the next. Nothing written down just experiment.
    Then give it a good mix into the fridge then flash fry in a wok and add it along with some lettuce to a pitta bread.
    Also works well with pigeon, Rabbit, Phesant etc.
    I have thought of this method before. It sounds good but i think care should be taken that you don`t over power the meat with to many herbs, but then, all recipies were trial and error at some point.
    basil.

Bottle of ale, half a bottle of worchestershire sauce, pepper, salt, garlic, ginger, carrot and onion. Leave overnight.................priceless!