Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Music to my ears..........

Music to my ears..........

I`m an Englishman through and through and proud of it.
    Just had a "hot" debate with my mate over a piece of music. One of my favourites is a Scottish piece of pipes and drums and my mate says "You ain`t `kin wired right!!"
    What the f---s wrong with an Englishman liking a piece of Scottish music??
    His attitude has really pi--ed me off tonight.
    Rant over.........
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

If you want to convert him, get him to listen to Parallel Tracks, Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. Mark Knopfler even makes a guest appearance on one track.

Favourite tracks are The Gael (Last of the Mohican's) and The Bells of Dunblane which will bring a tear to his eye. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Heres one for your mate and its makes my heart race. Anyone thinking of traveling up here should always listen to this first ps full volume and all the way through it gets beter and beter as the track gose on.

A well known saying, "Every well known English man is a Scots man at heart",no, not by Rabbie Burns, by me, I made it up a few minutes ago ( now watch the fur fly)...callie

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    If you want to convert him, get him to listen to Parallel Tracks, Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. Mark Knopfler even makes a guest appearance on one track.

Favourite tracks are The Gael (Last of the Mohican's) and The Bells of Dunblane which will bring a tear to his eye. I promise you won't be disappointed.
    The Bells of Dunblane i presume was made for the school children?
    Personally, The Dark Isle by The Blackwatch takes some beating but i haven`t listened to that many pieces of pipes and drums music.
    basil.
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Both you and your mate need to listen to the Red Hot Chille PIPERS. For real. Also for more traditional music listen to a piece of music called Highland Cathedral.
    For us native born Scots the pipes and drums can move us to tears and incite us to Braveheart acts of bravery and occasional aggression. It's in the genes and we can't do anything about it.

Longlowdog if that dosnt do it just take a bottle of buckie

Quote Originally Posted by longlowdog View Post
    Both you and your mate need to listen to the Red Hot Chille PIPERS. For real. Also for more traditional music listen to a piece of music called Highland Cathedral.
    For us native born Scots the pipes and drums can move us to tears and incite us to Braveheart acts of bravery and occasional aggression. It's in the genes and we can't do anything about it.
    Drink four cans instead of twelve?
    Sorry, couldn`t resist.
    basil.

My dad was drafted into the army, it was into the Irish fusileers. They marched to pipes and drums, and he tells me it terrified him, so God knows the effect it had on the enemy.

I can't watch "Highlander" without crying .... being a TRUE story it's just so emotional to me, gets me right there u'kno !
    HOW MANY HALF TRUTHS MAKE A STORY.....ALL OF THEM.....JUST NOT THE WHOLE STORY !